Vehicle Carry

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Vehicle Carry

Post by Mike S »

GreenMan0352 wrote:
Easyasmc wrote:Unfortunately I cannot carry my firearm except after work when I get home. My employer frowns upon firearms on the property. heck, you cant even mistakenly have a loose round that you accidentally dropped in your vehicle from a weekend shoot. The punishment is severe and you have to go to court to plead your case. So, between the hours of 5:30 am and 3:30 pm, M-F, I am a helpless victim hahahaha!!!!!!

Where do you work? I thought employers weren't allowed to do anything concerning your personal vehicle if you have a LTC. I read it in the TX labor code section 52.061
True, but 52.062 lists the exemptions (secured parking lot within a designated hazard area of a chemical plant; gas/oil lease where the lease agreement has a stipulation prohibiting firearms; school employee; anywhere prohibited by state/federal law).

My guess is that Easyasmc works on Federal property, & is subject to random inspection as a condition of entering the parking lot.

chamberc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chamberc »

I do and have for years. My primary on-body carry USED to be a LCP, but I switched to a LC9 earlier this year. I leave a 9mm XD-S in the same compartment I store my LC9 in and it stays there permanently with a couple of mags. I have a an ultralight AR-15 based on a S&W Sport II underneath the back seat of my crew cab. I figure if a battle gets sustained, I will try to fight my way back to the vehicle, and if I can't get away, I will have more alternatives there.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

GreenMan0352
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GreenMan0352 »

Mike S wrote:
GreenMan0352 wrote:
Easyasmc wrote:Unfortunately I cannot carry my firearm except after work when I get home. My employer frowns upon firearms on the property. heck, you cant even mistakenly have a loose round that you accidentally dropped in your vehicle from a weekend shoot. The punishment is severe and you have to go to court to plead your case. So, between the hours of 5:30 am and 3:30 pm, M-F, I am a helpless victim hahahaha!!!!!!

Where do you work? I thought employers weren't allowed to do anything concerning your personal vehicle if you have a LTC. I read it in the TX labor code section 52.061
True, but 52.062 lists the exemptions (secured parking lot within a designated hazard area of a chemical plant; gas/oil lease where the lease agreement has a stipulation prohibiting firearms; school employee; anywhere prohibited by state/federal law).

My guess is that Easyasmc works on Federal property, & is subject to random inspection as a condition of entering the parking lot.

Yeah thats what I was thinking or a teacher with those hours, but I guess they would have similar hours.

Return to “New to CHL?”