So much to do..

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: So much to do..

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Vol Texan wrote:Yes, Yes, Yes! You missed one of the most important parts.
Read this post: /viewtopic.php?f=53&t=78336#p996275 with a focus on his Rule #2.

Remember, a mediocre holster with a good belt is better than a good holster with a mediocre belt.

Welcome to the forum!
Holy cow! I had forgotten all about writing that post. But whatever wisdom is contained therein was learned at the feet of others, by being a regular participant in this forum.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

May i respectfully add become proficient shooting with both hands, practice malfunction clearing until you can do it with eyes closed, and have a plan before you commit to engagement. Welcome to the community.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Carry around the house while you wait. This will help decide a carry option as well as get you used to and comfortable with carrying so not as awkward the first time out
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Pritchical

Post by Pritchical »

RPBrown wrote:Carry around the house while you wait. This will help decide a carry option as well as get you used to and comfortable with carrying so not as awkward the first time out
I know it's been a couple of months since this thread was born, and thus the OP probably already has his plastic and has gotten comfortable with the carry. However, I would like to highlight this comment. I think this is an amazingly good piece of advice. Nothing teaches you the perils and comforts and pinches of carrying like wearing it in your house. You squat to tie shoes, bend over to grab stuff out of the dishwasher, twist to do that, stretch to do the other... So many scenarios which help you find that perfect nook in your belt or body to get used to carrying.

I also recommend to those awaiting their license to go ahead and start carrying to and from and in your vehicle. It's your legal right to do so, and you get that bit of protection at the gas stations.

Return to “New to CHL?”