Stupid Mistake when Submitting TX LTC Application

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
LadyShooter
Posts in topic: 5

Stupid Mistake when Submitting TX LTC Application

Post by LadyShooter »

First Post! I am a 71 y.o. Female. Took the LTC Training Course, passed both the classroom and range test. Now, computers are not second nature for me, like some, and I was trying so hard to read thru everything, fill out the online app and figure out how to upload the LTC-100, I overlooked a big thing. So after I THOUGHT I had it all correct and hit submit, they sent an email acknowledging and Identogo sent an email to schedule the fingerprints.
THEN, I realized I didn’t SIGN the LTC-100. I see above that Student Signature lines something about if there is missing information and/or false statements may result in criminal prosecution. Certainly there was no false statements but for sure missing information. I am freaking out about now. Class yesterday did not say to sign it at the bottom in front of them. Anybody know what will happen as a result of my submitting my LTC application with this error?

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Stupid Mistake when Submitting TX LTC Application

Post by Pawpaw »

Welcome!

Sign and re-scan your LTC-100.

Then go here to submit it: https://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/contact/ltcatt.aspx

Everything will be fine.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
LadyShooter

Post by LadyShooter »

Thank you so much. I have now done that!

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

Welcome to the forum LadyShooter!! :tiphat:
As you can see we have the best and brightest folks, who are more than willing to help out. Keep us updated on your wait for your plastic, and your experiences, carrying after you have received it.

I hope you take time to peruse the forum, and feel free to contribute your thoughts on any subject.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

71..... :hurry:

Welcome!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Mrs. Oldgringo and I are both licensed and are both your senior. Welcome aboard.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

HI!!
Welcome!

Nice to have another lady on board!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
LadyShooter

Post by LadyShooter »

Thanks for the welcomes. I sure hope my application goes thru ok since I have now scanned/submitted first an unsigned LTC-100 followed a few hours later by a signed one.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

They will get them matched up and you should be good to go. Don't beat yourself up too much, if that's the biggest mistake you made that day you are in good shape.

Welcome to the forum.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
LadyShooter

Post by LadyShooter »

UPDATE
After going thru the link that PawPaw provided and uploading a SIGNED LTC-100 on 5/29, this morning I received an email that says the have received my Corrected LTC-100. They then said my application is pending receiving my fingerprints. That is scheduled for next Tuesday thru Identogo. When I first submitted my application and uploaded my unsigned LTC-100, I received an email saying they had received my documents but it was so quick, I figured it was just an automatic response. I am very impressed they bothered to send me another email stating they had received the corrected LTC-100.
Once again, thanks for the help.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

I love it when a plan comes together! ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
LadyShooter

Post by LadyShooter »

Ok, I admit I’m just a natural worrier. So have encountered another question in this LTC process. I went yesterday and had my digital fingerprints done. During one hand’s 4 finger prints, “low quality” showed, she redid and got a green check. Other hand was ok. She went on to do individual finger prints. Right hand did fine and I am right handed. Left hand...2 fingers showed “failed to match”, she redid finger 3 times, all showing failed to match. She would move on to next finger. I thought she must know what she is doing so didn’t ask any questions. I googled it when I got home and saw that if fingerprints can’t be read during background check, you may have to go back and redo. If they can’t read the second time a name only background check will be done, greatly adding to the timeline. I have nothing for them to uncover in my background, always lived in Tx, so a shame if this creates any time lag.
Anybody else encountered this issue?

Zarnold51

Post by Zarnold51 »

I wouldn’t sweat it, they have all your other info and SSN.
I just did my prints as well, although they were fine. I assume since they have a print for our Texas dL then all should be well.

Return to “New to CHL?”