Forum Member Count Contest

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 6

Forum Member Count Contest

Post by Skiprr »

Nothing like this anywhere else on the planet! Your shooting skills will improve 100% if you read this! Win unique and exciting gifts!

Okay. Well, a little over-sell. Maybe I've been watching too many infomercials. But stick with me. I promise it will be good.

Guess how many total, registered members (as displayed at the bottom of the main Forum page) we will have as of September 28. Will it be 1,992? Will we hit 2,000? 2,100? You could be the winner!

The Texas CHL Forum has been growing rapidly. Understandably so since the state has over a quarter of a million CHL licensees.

Charles Cotton launched the Forum over Christmas holiday, 2004. We hit 1,000 members on October 21, 2006; 1,500 on May 8, 2007. And we hit 1,800 on July 20, 2007. We be rockin'!

And in just two months, on September 29, we celebrate the third annual Texas CHL Forum Day at PSC. So let's have a little fun...whether you can make it to Pearland the 28th-29th or not.

Can you guess--precisely--how many TXCHL Forum members we will have as of 8:00 a.m. September 28, 2007? Entering takes less than 30 seconds, and all we need is your Forum screen name, your guess, and the size T-shirt you want.

Click here for the simple rules and the entry form.

The prize list may keep growin' (depends on my negotiations; I'll keep it updated here):

First Place:
  • Limited edition TXCHL T-shirt, black; you CANNOT get this anywhere else! Sizes S to 3XL
  • Limited edition TXCHL 3-inch button; you CANNOT get this anywhere else...unless you attend the festivities 9/29
  • Break-Free CLP, one pint, with trigger sprayer
  • Sweet's 7.62 Solvent, 200ml; nothing removes copper fouling better
  • THE COMPLETE 5-volume series: Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathorn present Advanced Self-Defense Shooting Tactics & Techniques; VHS video tape (and a big special thanks to Wilson Combat for donating these videos)
  • "Night Master": Low-Light Shooting and Flashlight Techniques, by Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathorn. Statistics show that most gunfights occur at night in low-light conditions. Will you be ready? VHS video tape
Second Place:
  • Limited edition TXCHL 3-inch button; you CANNOT get this anywhere else...unless you attend the festivities 9/29
  • KleenBore Anti-Corrosion Gun Storage Bag, "The Inhibitor"; handgun size, 8"x14"
  • Bill Wilson Presents: "1911 .45 Auto": Shooting, Field Stripping, Routine Maintenance and Cleaning; Proper Lubrication; VHS video tape
Plus, you get bragging rights forever!

Entries are open now, and close September 1. Click here to enter.
Last edited by Skiprr on Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 3

Post by HighVelocity »

Bragging rights forever huh..... :lol:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Wow. The full, five-volume set of Advanced Self-Defense Shooting Tactics & Techniques, by Bill Wilson and Ken Hackathorn.

Such an addition that I had to split the prizes into first- and second-place booty.

Have you entered?

http://www.tacticalprotection.com/TXCHL ... ition.html
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

The rest of you should enter.
Otherwise, it will be MINE ALL MINE!
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Dan20703
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dan20703 »

Entries close as of 12:01 a.m. (CDT) September 1, 2007

I think I'll wait until it gets closer. I need all the help I can't get with contests like this.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

Dan20703 wrote:Entries close as of 12:01 a.m. (CDT) September 1, 2007

I think I'll wait until it gets closer. I need all the help I can't get with contests like this.
I took the opposite strategy. The larger the data set, the smaller the effect of a statistical blip.

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Time left to send an entry: 12 days, 12 hours, 55 minutes. :grin:

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I through my number in on day 1 of this. So far, I'm pretty happy with my guestimate. :lol:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

HighVelocity wrote:I through my number in on day 1 of this. So far, I'm pretty happy with my guestimate. :lol:
Me too. After some complex arithmetic :grin: I typed in my guess and hit submit, only to realize that I entered the number 100 low (TWICE). What a knucklehead :banghead:. I guess I lost my opportunity for BRAGGING RIGHTS FOORREEEEVVEER.
Last edited by ScubaSigGuy on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Xander

Post by Xander »

Well...I think the sample period that I used for my calculations was too short to be representative, and so it looks like I'm going to be fairly high. Oh well. :cry:

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

I don't even remember what number I submitted. :grin:

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

KBCraig wrote:I don't even remember what number I submitted. :grin:
Me too neither, or if I did submit one.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

308nato

Post by 308nato »

I should have waited until the last day as my guestament was blown about 14 members ago. :cry:
Hey skiprr can I cancel my old guess and start over :grumble

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I don't remember my guesstimate either.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Dang just saw this thread. My guess is in.

I remember those first few days. There were only a handful of members, but those few were very active.

Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”