Deadly Force Seminar on Friday, Sept 28

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16580
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:46 pm

The Deadly Force & Legislative Update Seminar on Sept. 28 is full. If we can get more seating in the building, I'll open it up for more people and I'll post it here. If you want to be on a stand-by list, please let me know.

Chas.

User avatar

seamusTX
Senior Member
Posts: 13551
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:04 pm
Location: Galveston

Postby seamusTX » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:58 pm

Charles, if you got a good video of your talk, you could sell DVDs :smile:

- Jim


ducks4brkfast
Junior Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Houston

Postby ducks4brkfast » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:37 pm

Any room for two more?

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16580
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:19 pm

ducks4brkfast wrote:Any room for two more?


Sorry, it's full.

Chas.


CHLSteve
Senior Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:08 am

Postby CHLSteve » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:42 pm

Any chance you guys could record this onto video or even CD? I might be able to get some equipment if you need it, but I assume you'll already be using a sound system. Recording the presentation should be easy.

I could even convert and host it as a "podcast" so that others could get it if you wanted. Just a thought.


NcongruNt
Senior Member
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Austin, Texas

Postby NcongruNt » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:29 am

I'd also be interested in a video of this if it becomes available.

User avatar

Mithras61
Senior Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:43 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas

Postby Mithras61 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:48 am

Charles,

I have a digial video camera that we can use for this, if you are interested. I'll admit that it isn't a professional quality camera, but it does a pretty good job. I'd be happy to set up & record this presentation and give it with all rights over to you.

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16580
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:41 am

Mithras61 wrote:Charles,

I have a digial video camera that we can use for this, if you are interested. I'll admit that it isn't a professional quality camera, but it does a pretty good job. I'd be happy to set up & record this presentation and give it with all rights over to you.


Thanks, but I don't ever record the seminar. If it were to be recorded, I wouldn't be as candid in responding to questions from participants.

Chas.

User avatar

Mithras61
Senior Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:43 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas

Postby Mithras61 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:47 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Mithras61 wrote:Charles,

I have a digial video camera that we can use for this, if you are interested. I'll admit that it isn't a professional quality camera, but it does a pretty good job. I'd be happy to set up & record this presentation and give it with all rights over to you.


Thanks, but I don't ever record the seminar. If it were to be recorded, I wouldn't be as candid in responding to questions from participants.

Chas.


Understood. I won't bring the camera tonight.

On a related note, is recording allowed tomorrow?

User avatar

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16580
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:08 am

Mithras61 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Mithras61 wrote:Charles,

I have a digial video camera that we can use for this, if you are interested. I'll admit that it isn't a professional quality camera, but it does a pretty good job. I'd be happy to set up & record this presentation and give it with all rights over to you.


Thanks, but I don't ever record the seminar. If it were to be recorded, I wouldn't be as candid in responding to questions from participants.

Chas.


Understood. I won't bring the camera tonight.

On a related note, is recording allowed tomorrow?


There is no general prohibition on recording, either audio or video, any seminar or shooting clinic. Before doing so, please ask the seminar presenter or the instructor of the shooting clinic if they have any objections.

As for random photos and videos of the events, feel free to take as many as you like. Obviously, if someone doesn't want to be photographed, then that should be honored.

Chas.

User avatar

Mithras61
Senior Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:43 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas

Postby Mithras61 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:15 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Mithras61 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Mithras61 wrote:Charles,

I have a digial video camera that we can use for this, if you are interested. I'll admit that it isn't a professional quality camera, but it does a pretty good job. I'd be happy to set up & record this presentation and give it with all rights over to you.


Thanks, but I don't ever record the seminar. If it were to be recorded, I wouldn't be as candid in responding to questions from participants.

Chas.


Understood. I won't bring the camera tonight.

On a related note, is recording allowed tomorrow?


There is no general prohibition on recording, either audio or video, any seminar or shooting clinic. Before doing so, please ask the seminar presenter or the instructor of the shooting clinic if they have any objections.

As for random photos and videos of the events, feel free to take as many as you like. Obviously, if someone doesn't want to be photographed, then that should be honored.

Chas.


Understood. I was planning on taking photos/video of myself & my guest for sharing with family/friends, so I suspect it won't be an issue, but I will make certain & check with anyone who will be in-frame.

Thanks!


elwood blooz
Senior Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:22 am
Location: Dayton, Texas

Postby elwood blooz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:34 pm

I've had a breakdown at work and can't make it tonite. Both my seats are open for the taking.


mrvmax
Senior Member
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:16 pm
Location: Friendswood
Contact:

Postby mrvmax » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:33 pm

I hate to cancel at the last minute knowing people were turned away, but I've been sick and I cannot make it tonight. I was going to try and make it but I still do not feel well. Hopefully someone will show up and take my space.


CHLSteve
Senior Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:08 am

Postby CHLSteve » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:58 am

Ugh! Wish we knew about the open seats sooner!

BTW--I have my CVCL, so I might be bringing my concealed video camera into the next event. Guns yes, but no video cameras? You guys are silly.


CompVest
Senior Member
Posts: 3079
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:17 pm

Postby CompVest » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:24 am

I think careful or cautious are a better description then silly.


Return to “2007 TexasCHLforum Day”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest