Opportunities for women to learn / do new outdoor things

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Texas10X
Posts in topic: 1

Opportunities for women to learn / do new outdoor things

Post by Texas10X »

In a recent email newsletter I got from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD), they included something that I thought might be of interest to some of the ladies on this site (or the guys on this site might find this to be of interest to the ladies in their lives). So, I’m including it here as an FYI.

We’ve all said that people like being with and learning with others who are like-minded. Check out the link below to the TPWD news release about their Becoming an Outdoor Woman (BOW) program. BOW is not new, but lots of people don’t know that it’s an opportunity for women to get together with other women for a weekend and learn and do various outdoors skills. It’s not just about camping or fishing (though those are some offered), there are lots of additional, different topics offered to choose from, including things like gun safety and shooting, archery, GPS’, geocaching, outdoor photography, kayaking, hunting, first aid and CPR, etc. (I found these topics, among others, listed in a brochure for one held earlier this year in Brownwood; for more info on that, click here . I think different BOW events have different topics available.).

The news release has a link to the BOW program info and schedule, as well as info about TOWN (Texas Outdoors-Woman Network), which is an opportunity for women to find groups of like-minded women in their communities who meet monthly and get together for camaraderie in outdoor pursuits.

Link to TPWD’s press release: Opportunities abound for women seeking wilderness adventure

CompVest

Re: Opportunities for women to learn / do new outdoor things

Post by CompVest »

Excellent post, thank you.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

LikesShinyThings

Re: Opportunities for women to learn / do new outdoor things

Post by LikesShinyThings »

Yes, thank you for sharing. Sounds like a great program.
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

Return to “Ladies”