Ladies Only Pistol Class at PSC

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
CompVest
Posts in topic: 16

Re: Ladies Only Pistol Class at PSC

Post by CompVest »

I love it!!!
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Ladies Class at PSC this coming Saturday, October 3, 2009! Weather permitting we will be working on shooting multiple targets as well as our basic drills.

IF it rains we will meet in the IDPA club house for gun cleaning and gun topic of choice. If it rains bring your gun and any cleaning supplies you have. Bring any special tools needed to take your gun apart for cleaning.

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TLynnHughes »

CompVest wrote:Ladies Class at PSC this coming Saturday, October 3, 2009! Weather permitting we will be working on shooting multiple targets as well as our basic drills.

IF it rains we will meet in the IDPA club house for gun cleaning and gun topic of choice. If it rains bring your gun and any cleaning supplies you have. Bring any special tools needed to take your gun apart for cleaning.
The class was awesome as always!! I am always amazed at how much I learn AND how much I can actually SEE improvements based on what I'm learning.

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Topic author
CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Thank you and good to see you active on the Forum!

Topic author
CompVest

Post by CompVest »

This coming Saturday, December 4th 9 AM to noon is the monthly basic practice woman's class at PSC. It looks like we will have perfect weather for the class. I hope to see everyone who can make it out for the class.

I will be starting a new advanced woman's class Saturday at 1 PM as well. It is an RSVP class and will be run on a quarterly basis to start. Anyone that is interested in this class please PM me for class prerequisites.

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Teamless »

Compvest,
My wife does not read this forum, however we are members of PSC and I would like to pass this information to her.
Can you elaborate a bit on what you will be going over this weekend?

Thanks
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Topic author
CompVest

Post by CompVest »

The basic class is 9 to noon with sign in at 8:30 AM. She should bring her gun in a gun bag or holstered in a holster that cover the trigger guard completely. It should be left that way until instructed by an instructor to take it out. If she has it: she will need hearing and eye protection, a baseball cap, high neck shirt, closed toe shoes, her gun, a holster for her gun, 2 magazines or speed loaders for her gun, a sturdy belt, and at least 150 rounds of ammo. We have a good collection of loaner equipment if needed. Shooting is all done from starting in the holstered position.

The basic class consists of basic gun safety and basic shooting drills ending with an advanced skill drill.

The advanced class has no loaner equipment available so the student needs all of the above with a total of 3 magazines or speed loaders, and 200 rounds of ammo. The student needs to have attended 6 of the basic classes or competed in at least 3 IDPA or USPSA matches. This class will require movement and optional shooting positions and is all done from the holster.

Topic author
CompVest

Post by CompVest »

This coming Saturday, March 5th is the monthly woman's handgun class at Pearland Shooting Club. Sign-in starts at 8:30 and class is 9 AM to noon.

Return to “Ladies”