S&W M&P 9mm - Pretty in Pink

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
MrsFosforos
Posts in topic: 11

S&W M&P 9mm - Pretty in Pink

Post by MrsFosforos »

I saw this posted on the W&G forums: S&W is releasing an M&P 9mm for women with a pink insert on the grip and pink fiber optic sites. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to a Breast Cancer Awareness charity
- Here's a pic:
- Details: S&W Julie Goloski Champion Series

Maybe another one for my "wish list"!

CompVest
Posts in topic: 6

Re: S&W M&P 9mm - Pretty in Pink

Post by CompVest »

What a great idea! I would like to see S&W offer the back straps in a variety of colors as a replacement part. We could match our outfits then.

I think I will send them an email suggesting just that.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

CompVest wrote:What a great idea! I would like to see S&W offer the back straps in a variety of colors as a replacement part. We could match our outfits then.

I think I will send them an email suggesting just that.
I can see it now!

jbirdswife
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbirdswife »

Uh Oh - - - Jason was already ticked when Julie G. left Glock to shoot for S&W - - I love it...but I am afraid he will feel totally betrayed! :lol: Then again, he did search high and low to find me pink kydex...maybe I can convince him now that a pink gun is the next step (even if it isn't made by Glock)!

Thanks for posting the link - - in addition to being fun it is supporting a great cause! You couldn't ask for more!!!

Kimberly

CompVest
Posts in topic: 6

Post by CompVest »

Way-to-go jbirdswife! :thewave
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

To the guys who posted before - I'm sorry I wasn't paying close enough attention and posted this in Ladies Only -- but really it was up for discussion so it's been moved to the General section (thank you CompVest).

For MoJo I'm glad to hear your wife is a survivor. I have good friends who've been through treatment and so far, so good! Thats worth celebrating every day!

Wildscar, the site just has it in the "New Products" section, no prices posted yet. I don't know what they generally run.

JBirdsWife & CompVest, can't you see us all showing up for the PSC Texas CHL Forum day with Pink pistols!!

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wildscar »

MrsFosforos wrote:To the guys who posted before - I'm sorry I wasn't paying close enough attention and posted this in Ladies Only -- but really it was up for discussion so it's been moved to the General section (thank you CompVest).

For MoJo I'm glad to hear your wife is a survivor. I have good friends who've been through treatment and so far, so good! Thats worth celebrating every day!

Wildscar, the site just has it in the "New Products" section, no prices posted yet. I don't know what they generally run.

JBirdsWife & CompVest, can't you see us all showing up for the PSC Texas CHL Forum day with Pink pistols!!
It's all good. I understand yall need yall's space. Thanks for the info.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

My mom is a big supporter of the Breast Cancer Awareness group. Her mom was a survivor, and she's had a scare herself. This is awesome! I think I'm going to get her one as a Mother's Day gift. Yeah, I know, kinda wierd for a M-Day gift, but my mom's cool like that!! S&W doesn't list a price on their web site, and my LGS hasn't seen one. Does anyone know the price on it? MrsFosforos, thank you for showing us that!

Edited to add: CompVest, I thought you'd appreciate the fact that our sherrif carry's a 1911 and changes the grips to match his shirts! He's been inteviewed on the news about it!
TacTex
NRA Life Member

Tactical_Texan_CHL

So far I haven't found one anywhere. I've called 4 local stores and only one of them had even heard about it. They called their S&W distributor for me and then called me back only to tell me that he hadn't even heard of it and had no idea what we were talking about. They're looking for me one right now from other distributors. I really want to get it for my mom for Mother's Day, so I'll keep looking.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

jbirdswife

Post by jbirdswife »

Okay...so I mentioned it last night and I did not get the "Traitor" look! :lol: This is a good thing! Maybe all of that time with SRVA and CompVest is softening him up...then again it could just be that he is willing to do just about anything to encourage me to spend more time on the range!

Once anyone gets info on a price will you post it? Thanks!

I think all of us having them at PSC next fall would be fun!

Have a great weekend!

Kimberly

TxD

Post by TxD »

jbirdswife wrote:Okay...so I mentioned it last night and I did not get the "Traitor" look! :lol: This is a good thing! Maybe all of that time with SRVA and CompVest is softening him up...then again it could just be that he is willing to do just about anything to encourage me to spend more time on the range!

Once anyone gets info on a price will you post it? Thanks!

I think all of us having them at PSC next fall would be fun!

Have a great weekend!

Kimberly
Kim,
I think it is really neat that these guns match the "Future Women's World Champion Action
Pistol Shooter's" new ear muffs. ;-)
Black Rifles Matter

Topic author
MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:So far I haven't found one anywhere. I've called 4 local stores and only one of them had even heard about it. They called their S&W distributor for me and then called me back only to tell me that he hadn't even heard of it and had no idea what we were talking about. They're looking for me one right now from other distributors. I really want to get it for my mom for Mother's Day, so I'll keep looking.
Funny how word of mouth travels faster than manufacturers can deliver! These are supposed to be released in the spring (don't know what that means in terms of WHEN) - but I'd bet since it's geared toward women, they would make them available before Mother's Day.

We make it to a few gun shows and we'll keep our eyes open too! Papa Bear might have to be getting one for Mama Bear (that's me)!

Tactical_Texan_CHL

jbirdswife, I'm on an active hunt for one! I've got 4 local gun stores that are supposed to call me with their first available one. I'll post for you when I know something. Unless of course, MrsFosforos beats me to it! I think she want's one as bad as I want to get one for Mom. ;-) :thumbs2:
TacTex
NRA Life Member

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Gander Mtn. is currently offering an "exclusive" Taurus Millenium Pro with a totally pink frame.

http://gandermountain.shoplocal.com/gan ... rMT-080210

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

As stated earlier my wife is a Breast Cancer Survivor - - - she went for a mammogram in December of '04 and had a lumpectomy in March '05 followed by radiation - - - everything has been OK so far just two more years before the docs say she is cured. Ladies, please don't neglect this very critical diagnostic tool it can save your life. :smile:

Now, for the gun as soon as I can find one I'm buying one I don't care if Mrs. MoJo never shoots it I'll proudly carry and shoot it pink grips and all. :thumbs2:
Last edited by MoJo on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Return to “Ladies”