Pink guns, etc.

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Running Arrow Bill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pink guns, etc.

Post by Running Arrow Bill »

Interesting!

I'll stick with black...easier to conceal, draws less attention, etc. My wife also prefers black; however her Taurus Judge has stainless on it...lol.

:mrgreen:
Running Arrow Farm, LLC
Wellington, TX. 79095
longhorncattle2013@gmail.ocom
Registered Texas Longhorn Cattle

TexGalRK

Post by TexGalRK »

I have always liked the look of certain pink guns, but when it came to buying one, I never could find the right one in the caliber I wanted. Most of the guns we own are black or black/stainless... with the exception of my Taurus 709 Slim... OD Green/Stainless and I love it! That's not to say that I still wouldn't want a gun in pink.

:fire RK~ :txflag:

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

Academy is advertising a pink 22 this week.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

And in other news....my daughter and son-in-law took their Texas CHL class last weekend. My daughter bought some kind of pepper spray at the class that leaves a pink stain on anyone you hit with it! :shock:

So... Not only does she have a pink Glock , she has pink pepper spray... What's next?

apostate

Post by apostate »

03Lightningrocks wrote:And in other news....my daughter and son-in-law took their Texas CHL class last weekend. My daughter bought some kind of pepper spray at the class that leaves a pink stain on anyone you hit with it! :shock:

So... Not only does she have a pink Glock , she has pink pepper spray... What's next?
http://www.benchmade.com/products/55X-PNK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :thumbs2:

03Lightningrocks

apostate wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:And in other news....my daughter and son-in-law took their Texas CHL class last weekend. My daughter bought some kind of pepper spray at the class that leaves a pink stain on anyone you hit with it! :shock:

http://www.benchmade.com/products/55X-PNK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :thumbs2:
OMG!!! I'm going to get her one of those! She will love it. That is great!!! :cheers2:

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 3

Post by seamusTX »

03Lightningrocks wrote:My daughter bought some kind of pepper spray at the class that leaves a pink stain on anyone you hit with it!
Many pepper sprays and similar products contain dye. The idea is for the police to identify the perpetrator.

I don't know how effective they are. I sprayed myself once (on the leg). It was just pale yellow. Probably with some complexions you couldn't see it at all.

- Jim

GratefulGirl59

Post by GratefulGirl59 »

I am a newbie to the gun world at least at the intensity level that I am at today. I had a bad experience as a 10 yr old - my Daddy thought it was funny to watch me shoot a shotgun that landed me on my bedonk & scared the bejesus outta me. Well, I am sure it WAS funny but I didn't touch a gun of any sort for quite some time. Anywho, I have seen the pink rifles & guns in the stores & my first instinct has been "not interested". I love pink for sure but I don't want to draw attention to myself as respects my firearms. I'll leave pink for my Tshirts, hats, jewelry & make-up. At least that's how I feel at the moment. A ladies perogative & all that. :lol:
12/29/2012 Class
01/01/2013 App online
01/08/2013 Prints/mailed docs
01/09/2013 Rec'd
01/28/2013 Docs in system (phone call to DPS)
01/29/2013 Backgr check under review
02/11/2012 Backgr check complete/mfg pending
02/15/2012 Mfg/mailed

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

I absolutely agree. It is bad enough when having a gun pointed at you, and now having to think if it is real or not is going to make one hesitate to fire, which could result in their being shot. On the flip side a female carrying one may not be taken seriously if she points a pink gun at somebody. This may result in her having to fire the gun, or if she cannot do it, having the gun taken away and used on her.

Ericstac

Post by Ericstac »

GratefulGirl59 wrote:I am a newbie to the gun world at least at the intensity level that I am at today. I had a bad experience as a 10 yr old - my Daddy thought it was funny to watch me shoot a shotgun that landed me on my bedonk & scared the bejesus outta me. Well, I am sure it WAS funny but I didn't touch a gun of any sort for quite some time. Anywho, I have seen the pink rifles & guns in the stores & my first instinct has been "not interested". I love pink for sure but I don't want to draw attention to myself as respects my firearms. I'll leave pink for my Tshirts, hats, jewelry & make-up. At least that's how I feel at the moment. A ladies perogative & all that. :lol:

lol.. i did that to my 10 yr old a few months ago.. he got me back by dropping my beretta 392 in the mud. :grumble

he didn't fear away from guns though. he has shot my beretta 92 a few times as well as a youth 243 and is stoked about shooting my AR15 as soon as I can find a large enough supply of ammo to justify shooting some.

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

Ericstac wrote:
GratefulGirl59 wrote: he didn't fear away from guns though. he has shot my beretta 92 a few times as well as a youth 243 and is stoked about shooting my AR15 as soon as I can find a large enough supply of ammo to justify shooting some.
Is that '92 a tilt barrel?
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

03Lightningrocks

texanjoker wrote:I absolutely agree. It is bad enough when having a gun pointed at you, and now having to think if it is real or not is going to make one hesitate to fire, which could result in their being shot. On the flip side a female carrying one may not be taken seriously if she points a pink gun at somebody. This may result in her having to fire the gun, or if she cannot do it, having the gun taken away and used on her.

If you pull a gun on someone, you should be pulling the trigger. The way I look at it is if the situation is a deadly defense situation, I am not a cop and have no duty to say.... halt or I will shoot. Pulling a gun with the intentions or hopes that the BG will stop is a bad idea.

With this in mind, the color of my gun won't matter to the person I pull it on.

fickman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by fickman »

This thread was started back in '08 when this was a relative newer novelty.

Pink guns don't bother me. . . I think it's nice to see the manufacturers recognizing demographics they've ignored for a long time - as long as they aren't pandering or condescending to them.

I've seen plenty of 1911s or over/unders with exotic polished wood furniture. Not to mention the myriad of handguns or rifles in OD green, cammo, and desert tan I've seen, a lot of guys are guilty of buying pretty guns on their own end of the personal preference spectrum.

Sure, they stayed concealed, but that doesn't mean I can only where one color of undies! You just won't know! (Maybe they are PINK!) :eek6

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

*Edit to add:
I didn't realize this was in the Ladies forum. Apologies if I'm not supposed to reply. . . I was using the "Active Topics" view. My wife was looking at a pink-accented firearm before the all-black XD SubCompact .40 she carries now fell into our lap from a family member at a price we couldn't refuse.
Native Texian

03Lightningrocks

fickman wrote: *Edit to add:
I didn't realize this was in the Ladies forum. Apologies if I'm not supposed to reply. . . I was using the "Active Topics" view.
Make that two of us.

Texas10X
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Texas10X »

Guys, there's no issue with you posting to the "Ladies" area of the forum. On the Board Index page, it has this description for the "Ladies" area:
"Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome."

Return to “Ladies”