Belly band & pregnancy

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

Belly band & pregnancy

Post by Venus Pax »

Lately, I've been purse carrying since maternity clothes don't have belt loops. I would like to carry on body, but am concerned that the belly band would put too much pressure on my abdomen.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

babydoc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Belly band & pregnancy

Post by babydoc »

Hello! I'm new to the forum and in the midst of getting my CHL, so I can't comment from the perspective of someone with experience carrrying while pregnant with a belly band. But, I am an OB/Gyn and can assure you that the belly band should not affect your pregnancy adversely whatsoever. We often recommend very similar belly bands for moms to help with general discomfort and lower back pain during pregnancy. So...from the aspect of your pregnancy, there is no reason you can't continue to wear a belly band holster. Good luck and congrats on your baby:)

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

Welcome to the forum babydoc! Thanks for jumping in here with info.

Venus Pax,
My wife wore an elastic support band like this during pregnancy to assist with back discomfort. She had scoliosis as a child and has a Harrington Implant (steel rod) in her back to correct the curvature, so has back aches periodically. She said it really helped her in the redistribution of the baby's weight. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Venus Pax »

Thank you both. I'm so big now, I don't even think I could hide my little .380 in a belly band anymore, but I do continue to purse carry.

Babydoc, it's good to have a pro-RKBA Ob-gyn on the forum. Welcome!
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “Ladies”