Wife shot Sig P239 and liked it. Help!

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
CoveRuger
Posts in topic: 3

Wife shot Sig P239 and liked it. Help!

Post by CoveRuger »

Finally talked spousal unit into getting her CHL :woohoo , but needed to find something that fit her hand. Sold my Ruger P95 and now need something for her. Today at Red's we rented a P239 and she liked it :banghead: . Fit her hand and she shot it well. While I believe in giving my lovely anything she wants, this is more expensive than anything I shoot right now. Does anyone have an option is 9MM that is similar in size? Thanks for any help you can provide.

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wife shot Sig P239 and liked it. Help!

Post by tfrazier »

I'm so sorry, but you brought this on yourself. This is exactly why I won't let my wife test drive a Cadillac Escalade when there's a perfectly good Chevy Avalanche parked in the driveway! :lol:

How about this as a lower cost alternative?

Beretta PX4Storm Sub Compact
It comes in 9mm and .40. My wife has the full size in .40 and she loves the fit to her hands.

txfireguy2003
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txfireguy2003 »

I was thinking something along the lines of a S&W M&P 9C. That's what my better half took a liking to....of course, I didn't show her the nice pretty Sigs, H&K's etc. I just said, "Keep it around $450, if it's a lot more than that, keep walking", and she did....ended up spending $550, but I expected to spend more than I quoted her, that's why I said what i did! Hahaha.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

PX4 sub is my next carry. For now I have to live with my P30. :anamatedbanana
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

sbb

Post by sbb »

While I believe in giving my lovely anything she wants, this is more expensive than anything I shoot right now.

Always purchase the very best that you can afford for your family members. I learned to let my pride suffer once the better half decided to obtain her CHL and start carrying. I don't want her to carry an inferior weapon just to assuage my ego. Now I ask her to save her money and to make her own purchases.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

OverEasy

Post by OverEasy »

How much do you love your wife? How much is her life worth? How much is your life worth? (She is your backup)

She will probably carry something she likes to shoot. She will probably not carry something she doesn't like to shoot.

The bottom line is, the P239 will only be a couple of hundred more than what ever. So, what's $200 compared to the life of a loved one? Just do it.

Regards, OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Buy the SIG she'll be happy. :anamatedbanana If momma ain't happy nobody's happy! :cryin
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tfrazier »

OverEasy wrote:How much do you love your wife? How much is her life worth? How much is your life worth? (She is your backup)

She will probably carry something she likes to shoot. She will probably not carry something she doesn't like to shoot.

The bottom line is, the P239 will only be a couple of hundred more than what ever. So, what's $200 compared to the life of a loved one? Just do it.

Regards, OE
That's Volvo salesman tactics, that's what that is! "rlol"

Good points, but we all have to exercise some practicality. Where a couple hundred bucks may be a drop in the bucket to some folks, it may be all that's left for groceries for others.

My wife would be comfortable picking up just about any common revolver or semi-auto if she had to defend herself. She understands the importance of self defense, and wouldn't let a thing like brand, make, model, or ergonomics stop her from carrying whatever was available. We don't tote junk, but we don't tote $2k and over custom 1911s like we'd really like, either.

Topic author
CoveRuger

Post by CoveRuger »

Thanks for all the ideas. I am looking over some options and she has agreed to go back to the range and try some other things. She is definitely a type "A" personality and wants what she can make work well.

Topic author
CoveRuger

Post by CoveRuger »

I found a used Lady Smith 3919. Great price so let's see what she says when she gets home :roll: . And no, it is not her Mother's Day present, but we might go to the range tomorrow to give it a try.

Return to “Ladies”