Great Website!

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
jbirdswife
Posts in topic: 3

Great Website!

Post by jbirdswife »

GreyBeard posted a link to this website in the General Discussion Forum back in May that my husband sent to me a few days ago. I finally got a chance to look at it in depth today and was very impressed with what I found.

http://www.corneredcat.com

As someone who is fairly new to shooting, and VERY new to the idea of carrying concealed I got quite a bit of good information. I am still very anxious about the idea of carrying around children and the author addresses that as well as many other issues. There is even a section called "The Closet" where pictures are posted of different outfits and descriptions of how she carries with each one.

I am certainly not trying to duplicate an old thread, but I thought enough of the site that I felt a reminder was not out of order!

Kimberly

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

Hi Kimberly!

It is a pretty info packed site and she makes some good points. I especially like this page http://www.corneredcat.com/ForMen/TeachWife.htm as it helped me understand why it's so hard for me to teach my wife anything, not just about guns.

Gary
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Topic author
jbirdswife

Post by jbirdswife »

Hey Gary!

That is a great page! I know that Jason was really great about teaching me the basics, but when it came to my "flinch" - - he just couldn't figure out how to help me get over it without me getting my feelings hurt. He called a good friend of his (thanks El Gato) who patiently worked with me. After only an hour or so I was already doing much better. Many trips to the range for practice followed and I have a LOT more confidence and a LOT less flinch now.

I am looking forward to seeing you and Mrs. HighVelocity in Centerville next weekend! Please tell her hi for me! :smile: I will see you guys soon!

Kimberly

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Good Morning Kimberly

I am sure glad you did repost this, I missed it the first time around, by the time I had read half the Welcome page I had decided I want to read anything this Lady has to say. Most of my private students are Ladies [ have one that will be a lot better than I am if she's not already] :lol: What a great comparison, the Cat to the CHL, because I think it might fit more that just you Ladies. I am going back and read her now!
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

GrannyGlock

Post by GrannyGlock »

I am glad you reposted because it wasn't complete the first time. She has done a lot of work on it since I went there earlier. It is an excellent site and is bookmarked as I really relate to her situation. (We had 6 children, now only one at home)

Thanks, Kimberly

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Wow - what an incredible site.

Thank you for the repost.

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

PPM

Post by PPM »

Thanks for the post! I'll thoroughly chk out the site later today! Certainly looks interesting so far. :grin:

Good to see ya' on here, Kimberly.
PPM
(Pistol Packin' Momma)
Otherwise known as "Dickson"
Thunder Tactical Shooters

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Thanks for posting this link. It is a terrific site.

seadawg221

Post by seadawg221 »

WELCOME TO THE FORUM KIMBERLY!!!

Topic author
jbirdswife

Post by jbirdswife »

Thanks for the welcome SeaDawg! I hope you guys are getting all settled in! We just got back from the range about an hour ago and Jason mentioned that we should have called you guys! We forgot you were so close! Have a great week - -we will talk to you soon!

Kimberly

Return to “Ladies”