Pretty in Pink -- What's available?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 2

Pretty in Pink -- What's available?

Post by GlockenHammer »

My 10 year old daughter is a 100% pink girl. All she wants is a pink Walther P22 to replace the green one we already have. I'd like to distract her with some choices that might be more useful than a pink copy of something she already has. I've seen a few scattered comments about pink gear and have seen some at the range. I would love it if y'all could post the pink firearms related stuff you've found (links appreciated) for those of us with women (or girls) to keep happy!

Thanks,
GH

quidni
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pretty in Pink -- What's available?

Post by quidni »

You could always get her an AR and put a set of - these - on it.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

mgood

Post by mgood »

Smith & Wesson M&P can be had with a pink backstrap. They also make some revolvers with pink grips, as does Taurus and a few others. Someone (Charter Arms?) makes a revolver that has a pink anodized frame.
I don't know if you're looking for another .22 for your 10-yr-old or if she's ready to step up.

Duracoate is a tough finish that can be applied to most guns and it can be had in pink.

RocTrac

Post by RocTrac »

At Academy there was a sig saur 22 in pink. Yesterday, at 377 and Tarrent parkway on the south west side. I thing that is the right adx.
Carl
03/Oct 09- Class taken
05/Oct 09- Packet Mailed
05 1/2 Oct- Tapping fingers on desk waiting
04/Dec. 09- Plastic came in the Mail.
Primary Dan Wesson Valor
Secondary Kimber Crimson Carry II
Third XDm 9

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

Tim,
I did a quick search on amazon.com:
How about Pink ear protection:
Or a Pink range bag:

she also needs a tshirt:
Image --check it out on women & guns forum. There is a winter run -- orders are being taken nowl

Topic author
GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GlockenHammer »

mgood wrote:Smith & Wesson M&P can be had with a pink backstrap. They also make some revolvers with pink grips, as does Taurus and a few others. Someone (Charter Arms?) makes a revolver that has a pink anodized frame.
I don't know if you're looking for another .22 for your 10-yr-old or if she's ready to step up.

Duracoate is a tough finish that can be applied to most guns and it can be had in pink.
I am thinking of a step up from the .22 (as much fun as it is!). The M&P caught my attention at the CHL Forum Day at PSC, but I must admit that the pink AR has a nice appeal (at least to Dad). The duracoat is a great lead and opens up the space a little. I can imagine a full-up pink M&P or other pistol. She's already eyed a small .32 ACP with pink pearl grips at a local gun show, but I'm wanting something that she can grow into IDPA with when the time is right.

For the record, we already have pink ear protection and shooting glasses. The range bag would be a big hit, as would the Kalashnakitty shirts (I can just see her getting suspended from school for that one though!).

Thanks for the links. This has been fun...

GH

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

If you're in the DFW area, I could paint your gun pink for you with Duracoat for $40. Or, you could just buy half a can of duracoat for $20.50 and do it yourself. A can of Duracoat costs $41. PM if you're interested. I'm kinda a cheaskate so I don't want to buy a can of pink paint for $41 if I'm only gonna use half of it. That's why I'm trying to get you to go halfsies with me. Read the following post for more info:

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 75&start=0

pics:

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Dale Hunnicutt does pink guns in the Houston area. He has three or four shades to choose from or he can do the gun in tiger stripe, leopard, camo... You get the idea. You can reach him through his website: http://www.gripreductions.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also did you see the pink holster made by one of our own Forum members? http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "Holster Maker Among Us" thread. He made one and posted a picture. Be sure to check it out - he did an excellent job.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Return to “Ladies”