DFW opportunities for women - please contribute!

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Hoi Polloi
Posts in topic: 3

DFW opportunities for women - please contribute!

Post by Hoi Polloi »

If you know of any club meetings, reduced range fees, whatever that are either extremely friendly to or specifically designed for women in the DFW area, will you please list them?

If there isn't anything to go to already that would meet our needs, a few of us DFW ladies might plan a regular get-together. I want to make sure we know what's out there and already going on first, though.
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Re: DFW opportunities for women - please contribute!

Post by Crossfire »

Dallas Pistol Club has a Women's Group. More info here: http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/womens.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

+1 on the DPC women's group. My wife shot with them once and had a good time. I didn't have near the collection then that I have now, and I gave my wife a 1911 to shoot with (didn't own any .22s or 9mm then). She shot it, but one of the lady coaches loaned her a .22 and she shot that and enjoyed it.

Also, Crossfire is being modest. She and her husband teach an NRA Basic Handgun Safety course which includes range time and the chance to shoot a lot of different pistols. Here is the class schedule: http://crossfire-training.com/content/c ... class.html. My wife took that course too and thoroughly enjoyed it. Admittedly, it's not aimed specifically at women, but they do get a lot of women students.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Wednesday night is Ladies Night at the Bullet Trap in Plano. Range fees are only $5 for ladies.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

KFP

Post by KFP »

Everyone has had excellent suggestions for you thus far, and really exhausted the options that I am aware of.

I had no knowledge of the Diva WOW group until their article recently, so I can't speak of their organization from experience.

I'm sure that Keith has a better idea of how busy Bullet Trap is on Wednesday, but can see that being a good spot to meet up and shoot.

Crossfire and Marty do a phenomenal job with all of their instruction!

Dallas Pistol Club does do a women's group. Based on the instructors that I know of that lead the group, I'm sure that it is a terrific opportunity as well. I believe that they had taken a break during the summer months, but would highly suggest sending them an email to inquire about when they might be starting up again. (http://www.dallaspistolclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Another resource that may offer some opportunities is the Dallas shooting group that user "Shadowboxer" promotes on here at times. I think that they try to meet up fairly regularly to shoot and may have some days geared toward ladies.

I'll also highly suggest attending the Texas CHL Forum day at PSC in October. It is a great opportunity for men and women alike, but has some topics directed toward women. Hopefully Crossfire and CompVest can both make the event, as they are a wealth of information, not just ladies topics!
Life Member NRA & TSRA

Topic author
Hoi Polloi

Post by Hoi Polloi »

Thank you for all the responses! Please feel free to add more if they arise!

The DPC group has been off for summer and I hope will start back up this fall.

The Diva group has not written me back.

I'm going to plan something for this month. Next month has Charles' seminar in the Dallas area as well as the PSC forum day so we'll see if there's interest for more. That should give DPC time to organize, too.

I have a few PMs I still need to respond to. I'm a little behind there, but I've read all of them and appreciate the input!
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;

Topic author
Hoi Polloi

Post by Hoi Polloi »

Here's a thread I just started to get together this month:
DFW get-together - Come one, come all!

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

Hoi Polloi wrote:The Diva group has not written me back.
The DIVA WOW group is probably your best resource for women's shooting events in the DFW area. You probably have not received a response from them because this is the weekend of one of their big roadtrip events.

They have groups in both Dallas and Ft Worth. You should hear back from them soon.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

plinker

Post by plinker »

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but I just joined today and wanted to comment on this topic. I am one of the Diva members and I'm fairly active with the group. I think one of the reasons that HP didn't get an answer back in Sept. was because of our big Fall Clinic at Elm Fork and the fact that the annual Road Trip was going on then too. We've been an extremely busy group this year!

Here's some info I can pass on to ya'll though: there are two pistol leagues (very informal) that meet - one is in Ft Worth and shoots at the Winchester Gallery on Lancaster, and the other is the Dallas group and they shoot at Elm Fork. The Ft Worth league will start up again on Jan 18th, but the Dallas group hasn't posted a start date (yet!). The Divas also hold two big women's only shooting clinics each year - one in the Spring and one in the Fall. As of right now, I think the official date for the Spring Clinic is March 26th at Elm Fork - there are some errors on the website's calender that we are in the process of fixing. The Clinics serve as an intro to a lot of different disciplines: archery, pistol, rifle, shotgun, fly casting, spin casting, and sporting dog training. We usually have approx. 200 sign up for those clinics! If you're interested, keep an eye on the website because the sign-ups are first-come, first-served!

We also hosted an AR-15 clinic for women shooters this past October! It was so successful that we will probably do another similar clinic in the future! We just finished a Defensive Pistol class at Quail Creek last week and will probably host another one around Feb. In March, the Divas and the Appleseed Project will have a "Ladyseed" shoot at Quail Creek too. See what I mean about busy? And I haven't even mentioned some of the other stuff we do like the NRA Women's Postals, the Sporting Clays shoots, hunting trips,etc.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me and I'll get answers back to you as soon as I can!!!!! :patriot:

Return to “Ladies”