Wife's New Carry Piece

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 6

No

Post by anygunanywhere »

No, she did not like the strong side delFattis. I ordered her a Haugen Handgun Leather Model 21 SSCD crossdraw. The holster has a belt tab forward of the grip that pulls the pistol close to the body. She is a cross draw kind of gal. The holster is custom fit to the S&W 642 and covers it well. She is most worried about carjackings, so the crossdraw places the pistol right where she needs it. She wears a cover garment all the time anyway, so concealment is not an issue.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Baytown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Baytown »

That makes sense, and a good choice of holster companies. A down side of DelFatti is an 11 month wait too.

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

txbell1
Posts in topic: 1

the S&W 642

Post by txbell1 »

This is awesome information, I'm getting ready today to go buy my second gun and was looking at the S&W 642.

I was not sure that I would be able to handle it, but seeing so many women stating how much they love it, has convinced me that this is the right one for me.

Thanks so much for your input. I value this site and am so thankful for it!
txbell1
CHL Holder
NRA Member
TSRA Member

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

CompVest wrote:Two things about concealed carry.

One: It is more important that the gun is carried than how. So purse, side, ankle, bra, thigh are all worth looking at. And carry options are like shoes, one is needed for every outfit!

Two: Carrying a gun is meant to be comforting not comfortable.

Donna
Point two is the one that I have to stress the most to her about...

Over the many years I have carried, I of course at first had to get used to the weight and imbalance it created...It took time and effort to get used to the hunk of metal hanging on my hip till it became a natural part of my day...

What has happened is that when I do not have it on, I feel I am totally out of balance, and in my mind, naked, without it...

The deal is I made myself get used to it...Wife Unit will have to do the same thing if she's ever going to warm up to the idea of carrying on her own...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

+1 stevie. At 205 I would blow away if it were not for the extra 32 oz. on one side & 2-10 rd Wilson Combats on the the weak side for balance. ;-)
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Ladies”