Wife's New Carry Piece

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 6

Wife's New Carry Piece

Post by anygunanywhere »

I just ordered my wife her new carry handgun, a S&W 642. She really hates semiautos, and she really liked the revolver when she shot it at the range. She shot the Lady Smith version, but she picked out the standard model on-line. It was 130 bucks cheaper than the LS. Makes no sense to pay more for 1/2 ounce less.

Am buying some of the Extreme Shock ammo. I saw it at the NRA convention. With only 5 shots, I want her to have the best ammo to stop the threat.

I will be ordering her a holster and other related women carry stuff. She will be safer now that she is comfortable with her weapon. Looking at the delFatti women's holsters. She almost always wears a cover garment, so the times she doesn't I will urge her towards pocket carry and the carry purse as a last resort. I have her convinced to pack 24/7 (she can't at work....stupid rules}. I pack always, even in my swim trunks around the pool. Kinda tough in the Speedo. No belt loops, and the thunderwear buckle shows.

Any input from the Texas CHL ladies will be great.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MoJo »

I don't want to burst your bubble but, extreme shock ammo isn't as good as the hype. Buy it if you must but, you'll be better served with Hydrashock, Gold Dot, Golden Saber, SXT, anything from CorBon, etc. They are a lot less expensive and have a proven track record.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

I agree, Extreme Shock is and Extreme ripoff. Go for the Speer Gold dot that is specifically designed to expand at snubby velocities.

You made a great choice with the 642. Awesome weapon.

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

HighVelocity wrote:I agree, Extreme Shock is and Extreme ripoff. Go for the Speer Gold dot that is specifically designed to expand at snubby velocities.

You made a great choice with the 642. Awesome weapon.
Agreed.

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Thanks

Post by anygunanywhere »

I just want my darling to load up with what is best. I shoot Cor-Bons in my semiautos.

Thanks for the info.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Can"t go wrong with CorBon in the wheel gun either.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

rlp1970
Posts in topic: 3

642 S&W For my lady too!!!

Post by rlp1970 »

Anygun anywhere !!!! I just got my lady and wife the 642 today as well! She loves it. We just got back from the range she will not stop talking about the trip :D I think it is better than flowers for her and she does too. I need to find her a conceal holster. Any thoughts ?? I am just happy as I can be for her. She is new to the concealed world.

stevie_d_64

AnyGun...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Not that I am being nosy, but could you divulge the source for your order and the price of said order...

I'm starting to steer clear of getting my wife a Baby-Glock 26 or 27...Even though she likes shooting the G23 I have, I'd rather her get good with a good revolver, and that model is exactly the one we have been looking at...

It'd be better to respond here, or PM me with the info as the home computer is about to become a navigation hazard in the ship channel...

Nachos Grassius muh friend...

Steve
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Re: AnyGun...

Post by anygunanywhere »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Not that I am being nosy, but could you divulge the source for your order and the price of said order...
Stevie D,

Happy to oblige. I bought it through Gunbroker.com, the dealer was Security Safe Outlet in Lexington, KY. Paid $326.00 plus ship plus FFL fee to my local dealer. This is the third pistol I have bought through GunBroker.

:D
Last edited by anygunanywhere on Tue May 31, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Re: 642 S&W For my lady too!!!

Post by anygunanywhere »

rlp1970 wrote:I need to find her a conceal holster. Any thoughts ?? I am just happy as I can be for her. She is new to the concealed world.
rlp1970, I am looking at delFatti leather for her. He maakes good lady leather from what I hear. She likes the idea of a holster on strong side 2 o'clock. She gets cold in August, so a cover garment is common for her. She mentioned crossdraw too, but we will see. She does want a gun purse, but she knows that is not the best way. My main concern is that she keep it on her person around the house. A pocket holster is in order too.

rlp1970

Post by rlp1970 »

Steve D,
I got mine off gunbroker paid $325 NIB plus $20 FFl= $345 total out the door. She really likes it and it only weighs 15 oz. Five Star Guns in Phoenix, AZ. Five Star Guns is his gunbroker username :)

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Nice Job!

Post by anygunanywhere »

Great deal! BTW, if you purchase on-line, you need to watch the transaction. My purchase on-line was not recorded, and the seller never shipped the handgun. I was out of town, and was not able to resolve the issue until I returned. He honored the deal, though, and I plan on giving him a good review.

rlp1970

Post by rlp1970 »

Thanks for the info anygun!! :)

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Two things about concealed carry.

One: It is more important that the gun is carried than how. So purse, side, ankle, bra, thigh are all worth looking at. And carry options are like shoes, one is needed for every outfit!

Two: Carrying a gun is meant to be comforting not comfortable.

Donna

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

anygun, did you order the DelFatti? I have a big order coming from Matt in Sept and can't wait. :D

Glenn
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

Return to “Ladies”