Newbie just joined

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
jdlott74
Posts in topic: 1

Newbie just joined

Post by jdlott74 »

Hi everybody.

I just joined and will be taking my CHL class on 10/23. I am married, have a 2 yr old. I have fairly new to the CHL world, but NOT new to shooting in general. I'm a country girl, grew up around guns, my husband is former military (USMC) and he is going to school his Associate in CJ to be able to get on with a PD. I love to go shoot at the range BUT it's hard right now with our schedule and with a 2 yr old in the house.

I am looking forward to doing my CHL this week and getting my own gun. We are trying to figure out what is going to be the best carry for me on body. I know eventually I'm going to get a concealment purse, but we're leaning toward Kangaroo or a regular holster. Not sure yet.

This forum was recommended by someone on the Texas Gun Forum.
My CHL Application
10/23/2010 -- CHL class
10/25/2010 - Quals and Fingerprinting Done
11/3/2010 -- Application mailed to DPS
11/9/2010 -- Received at DPS
12/18/2010 -- Plastic in hand

TLE2

Re: Newbie just joined

Post by TLE2 »

All I can say is welcome. One of the distaff should be able to give recommendations.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

Welcome! I am kinda new to this too... waiting for plastic, but grew up with firearms and didn't get back into shooting until recently. Never realized how much I missed it.

I recommend doing some searches on "women and carry weapon" on this forum, as there have been several great threads recently. There is also a neat site for women's concealed carry that is a great resource called "Cornered Cat". If I were a little more board saavy I would link to the site and to the previous threads. But have fun searching and maybe someone will feel sorry for me and post those :oops:

There is a ladies forum on this board as well, and the moderators will get you added quickly once they figure out you are of the girl persuasion!

Welcome again!

DA
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Divided Attention wrote:There is a ladies forum on this board as well, and the moderators will get you added quickly once they figure out you are of the girl persuasion!

Welcome again!

DA
jdlott74 you're in the "Ladies Group" so you can post in the Ladies Only section.

Chas.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Welcome to the forum jdlott74

It's nice to meet you. :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Hoi Polloi

Post by Hoi Polloi »

Hello from another momma!
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Texas PI Mom

Post by Texas PI Mom »

jdlott74 wrote:Hi everybody.

I just joined and will be taking my CHL class on 10/23. I am married, have a 2 yr old. I have fairly new to the CHL world, but NOT new to shooting in general. I'm a country girl, grew up around guns, my husband is former military (USMC) and he is going to school his Associate in CJ to be able to get on with a PD. I love to go shoot at the range BUT it's hard right now with our schedule and with a 2 yr old in the house.

I am looking forward to doing my CHL this week and getting my own gun. We are trying to figure out what is going to be the best carry for me on body. I know eventually I'm going to get a concealment purse, but we're leaning toward Kangaroo or a regular holster. Not sure yet.

This forum was recommended by someone on the Texas Gun Forum.
Welcome! I'm new here as of about a week or two ago. Last weekend I bought my first (well, the first one for ME that I bought all my myself) gun. It's a S&W 642 .38 special +P. It's a snubbie and hammerless so it was recommended to me by most people I talked to it about for easy carry and conceal-ability. Taking my CHL class on November 6.

Anyway, wanted to welcome you. There's a ton of great info here to go swimming in. ;)

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Check out this informative video tailor made just to answer your question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJriDAhIIQs

Also, her video blog:
http://www.youtube.com/user/limalife

Her latest blog entry is a holster review that also answers your question.

Welcome aboard,
:tiphat:

Return to “Ladies”