Proud Papa.

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
pt145ss
Posts in topic: 2

Proud Papa.

Post by pt145ss »

So, several weeks ago my 22 year old daughter told me that she wants to get her CHL. It made me Proud. I waited several weeks and had a pretty good talk with her about it. I mostly wanted to make sure she was doing it for herself and doing it for the right reasons. I also wanted to make sure she will be committed to training and etc. Of course she wants me to pay for everything to include a gun for her...which i will gladly do with a smile on my face.

This brings me to my questions. I'm totally ignorant to any special conserns women may have as far as carry options, carry weapon, and etc. As a man i see purse carry has many issues but those are just assumptions i'm making because...well...i've never purse carried...LOL. so before i give her bad advice, i would like to hear from some of the ladies.

Thanks in advance!

Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Proud Papa.

Post by Divided Attention »

Hook her up here on the forum, that way she can ask her questions directly, learn mountains of info from just trolling around, and she can get the info first hand. If she joins she gets to be a part of the "secret society of the WOMENS ONLY FORUM" ;-) The ladies here are more than willing to share, and Random outburst is just her age and will likely be able to answer more from her age group's perspective. JMPO

OH and she can help out on the word games too!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

FL450

Post by FL450 »

http://www.corneredcat.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A great resource for women
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

pt145ss wrote:So, several weeks ago my 22 year old daughter told me that she wants to get her CHL. It made me Proud. I waited several weeks and had a pretty good talk with her about it. I mostly wanted to make sure she was doing it for herself and doing it for the right reasons. I also wanted to make sure she will be committed to training and etc. Of course she wants me to pay for everything to include a gun for her...which i will gladly do with a smile on my face.

This brings me to my questions. I'm totally ignorant to any special conserns women may have as far as carry options, carry weapon, and etc. As a man i see purse carry has many issues but those are just assumptions i'm making because...well...i've never purse carried...LOL. so before i give her bad advice, i would like to hear from some of the ladies.

Thanks in advance!

Good for you Dad!

My daughter also asked to get her CHL of her own volition, so I immediately arranged for her to take the course.

I was happy to pay for everything including the pistol of her choice and new carry purse.

BTW, don't anyone think for a minute that "girls" can't shoot:

Perfect score...with a .45 acp.

Do all that you can to encourage her.... and do all that is necessary to facilitate her getting a GOOD weapon.

Good luck,

Flint.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
pt145ss
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pt145ss »

I will do absolutely everything I can to encourage her. I worry about her as she works nights at the county jail. She is going to talk to her chain of command about the possibility of using the lock boxes in the sally port so she does not have to walk through the parking lot unarmed.

I am going to get her on this site so she can read and learn for herself.

Return to “Ladies”