OH NO! I am "mailed"

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 4

OH NO! I am "mailed"

Post by Divided Attention »

Hubby and I took our class together, and so far have been "neck and neck" on the approval process. NOW, I am showing "mailed" and he is still "manufacturing". His Birthday is coming up and he says "no big deal" but this has been a big deal for him all along.... I may have to hide mine when it comes, but I doubt I will be able to contain myself to do so... I am hoping it is mailed and for some reason just didn't update. It has showed manufacturing for a while now. :???:
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Re: OH NO! I am "mailed"

Post by seamusTX »

Look! A chicken!

You can't keep secrets from your spouse. You can try, but the fallout is toxic.

BTW, it is now legal to keep chickens in residential yards in Galveston. Where do you get a live chicken?

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Topic author
Divided Attention

I couldn't keep a secret from him if I tried... I am just no good at it. LOL!

I love my chickens - they don't call them "foul" (know it should be fowl) but mine are pretty much free range and I love my eggs. I typically get day old chicks from Ideal Poultry, and brood them out but it is a 6 month wait for eggs. I have gotten them from craigslist - one good experience, and one not quite so good but educational, and there is a local feed store that sells older pullets about ready to lay within a month or so. They are $6 - $10 that way, and only a buck or so as day olds....
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

I have to get older chickens so they can kick the cat's butt.

Come to think of it, I know a place up in Santa Fe that sells all kinds of domestic livestock. I haven't been there for years.

- Jim

terryg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by terryg »

:shock: Uh oh, looks like you might have to protect him when you guys are out and about in town for a little while!!! :biggrinjester:

BTW, I really enjoyed meeting you and your hubby at the cover class - in spite of the 'fast moving dragonflies'. :mrgreen:

Sorry I had to bolt so fast.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Topic author
Divided Attention

Went out for dinner with the family, and carried for the first time. Thought I had my 9C where I needed it after adjusting and squatting and sitting and bending.... then got to the restuarant and within 10 minutes my leg was going to sleep :oops:the muzzle was pressing so hard on my femoral artery soooooo..... off to the ladies room I go and totally readjusted everything. Nice dinner and off we go to Academy for jeans for the long legged, ever growing children at my house. More squatting, reaching and squeezing through small spaces, but all went well.

Then I get home, unload, and realize I never racked the slide to chamber a round :oops: Guess I was focusing on if I was printing too hard!

Won't do my checklist walk until hubby gets his plastic, but wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, although I will admit the 9 felt really big when I had to walk from the restroom to the table across the entire restuarant, and I felt like everyone was watching.... :shock:

Next I will try my band for my "p-shooter"!

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Divided Attention, congratz on your first trip out. :cheers2:

Remember, it will take some time to fully adjust to this new lifestyle..my first time out felt very awkward too.
Slowly but surely you will find out what works, and what doesn't work for you.

It took me a year of trying different holsters, carry positions, and even guns before finding my perfect balance.
I know that with time and patience, you'll find yours too. ;-)
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

cbucher

Post by cbucher »

Congrats on having plastic in hand. :coolgleamA:
If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. – The Dalai Lama

Topic author
Divided Attention

:hurry: Hubby is MAILED! :hurry:

We will see when it gets here what the date it says if the state was being thoughtful and waiting until his birthday so he wouldn't be shorted a year before renewal. I know that it seems impossible for a state agency to be thinking like that, but is is just odd that all our status changes were identical and in line with others a few days around ours, yet his stalled in "manufacturing" for 2 weeks while mine went to mailed within 3 days... I'll keep you posted ;-)

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Great news. Congrats to both of you.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Return to “Ladies”