Houston, *Sunday* CHL class - recommendations?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 4

Houston, *Sunday* CHL class - recommendations?

Post by RHenriksen »

Hi, I'm tickled to say that my wife has progressed from shooting, to wanting her CHL, to finding her CHL class buddy with whom to go - so now she's ready to sign up!

HOWEVER... her friend is only available Sundays for class. She works Mon-Sat. Which rules out Charles Cotton's class, *and* it rules out Tom Estep! :banghead: I just got off of the phone w. Tom, he only teaches Sundays at the Arms Room occasionally when Brian & Justin need a substitute.

We're located pretty centrally in Houston - inside the loop, so could go in just about any direction (within reason). Can anyone offer up quality alternative venues/teachers that are available on Sundays?

Am so looking forward to adding another female CHL to the rolls :anamatedbanana

thank you,

RNH
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Commander Cody
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Houston, *Sunday* CHL class - recommendations?

Post by Commander Cody »

Elite in Texas City frequently has Sunday classes.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

Topic author
RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Thanks... couldn't find an 'elite' in google @ Texas City - is there a complete business name you can give me?

Commander Cody
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Commander Cody »

Elite Sound and Security
2437 Palmer Hwy.
Texas City, TX 77590
(409)948 6100
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

Pacifist

Post by Pacifist »

Shane's Shooting School is in the Cypress area, but he does Sundays almost exclusively.

http://www.shanesshootingschool.com/schedule.html

Topic author
RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Pacificist - thanks for the Shane link, the schedule certainly looks ideal.

OTOH, I'm a little reluctant to send her off to a place that has incorrect information on the site's FAQ! :rules:

"Are there restrictions on where I can and can’t take my handgun?"
Yes. Handguns are prohibited in such places as schools, hospitals, government buildings and places of worship.

Pacifist

Post by Pacifist »

Not to worry. I attended one of his classes a number of years ago and, to the best of my recollection, not once were his web site FAQs a topic of class discussion or instruction. ;-)

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MoJo »

RHenriksen wrote:Pacificist - thanks for the Shane link, the schedule certainly looks ideal.

OTOH, I'm a little reluctant to send her off to a place that has incorrect information on the site's FAQ! :rules:

Yes. Handguns are prohibited in such places as schools, hospitals, government buildings and places of worship.
Handguns ARE prohibited in those places. government buildings that house courts, jails, or during governmental meetings are off limits, hospitals and places of worship are off limits but must be posted.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

"hospitals and places of worship are off limits but must be posted"

Maybe I'm expecting too much of a FAQ answer. I've read here several times about instructors who incorrectly teach that NO carry is allowed in hospitals & churches, since they haven't kept up with statute changes. His FAQ answer makes no reference to the 30.06 requirement, and as such is out of date. I don't want to send my wife to someone who's teaching the outdated statute, and based on the FAQ on the website, it certainly would appear to be that way.
MoJo wrote:
RHenriksen wrote:Pacificist - thanks for the Shane link, the schedule certainly looks ideal.

Handguns ARE prohibited in those places. government buildings that house courts, jails, or during governmental meetings are off limits, hospitals and places of worship are off limits but must be posted.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

PM sent
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Justin Franklin

Post by Justin Franklin »

RHenriksen wrote:Hi, I'm tickled to say that my wife has progressed from shooting, to wanting her CHL, to finding her CHL class buddy with whom to go - so now she's ready to sign up!

HOWEVER... her friend is only available Sundays for class. She works Mon-Sat. Which rules out Charles Cotton's class, *and* it rules out Tom Estep! :banghead: I just got off of the phone w. Tom, he only teaches Sundays at the Arms Room occasionally when Brian & Justin need a substitute.

We're located pretty centrally in Houston - inside the loop, so could go in just about any direction (within reason). Can anyone offer up quality alternative venues/teachers that are available on Sundays?

Am so looking forward to adding another female CHL to the rolls :anamatedbanana

thank you,

RNH
We are having a CHL class at The Arms Room every Sunday this month and are even having a Ladies Day (couples welcome) on Sunday the 23rd.
Help support the Second Amendment by joining the NRA! We would not have a CHL program without them!

Southeast Texas CHL
Concealed Handgun Classes in League City
http://www.setxchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Ladies”