Plus size ladies carrying

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Plus size ladies carrying

Post by SewTexas »

I have a Coronado purse, the big hobo style, I like it, it has a velcro pocket access.

I have a Coronado backpack, I use it seldom, I find the leather real stiff, the access is a zipper.

I have a Coronado fanny-pack, I use it for outdoor stuff like festivals and such, times when fanny-packs aren't unusual.

I have a wonderful messenger style bag, this bag is made by a company names Illusion, in Venezuela, I think? No, I would not have normally bought this bag, but I got it off ebay, I'd been scouring for a messenger bag. it's everything I'd been looking for, it's small, it's soft! but I can't find that company at all, which is sad.

last time I was in Cabella's they had a large Coronado messenger style bag, surprised me that they were selling Coronado! very cool, I think they may have had Gun toten mama's too. can't remember, it's been a couple of months.

good luck in your quest.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

pistolpackinma
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pistolpackinma »

I carry mine in a pocket holster. It's works for me. But sometimes I keep it in my purse to. :thewave

jdlott74

Post by jdlott74 »

I have a concealed carry purse or on body behind the back usually.
My CHL Application
10/23/2010 -- CHL class
10/25/2010 - Quals and Fingerprinting Done
11/3/2010 -- Application mailed to DPS
11/9/2010 -- Received at DPS
12/18/2010 -- Plastic in hand

GunToter4Life

Post by GunToter4Life »

That is a question I would have been asking as well! I just bought a cross-body handbag from a seller at a local gun show. Its not the leather, but more of a black nylon-ish type material? I really like it although I don't have my CHL yet, so I'm not packing. ;-) It seems like a very sturdy bag, but you can't put too many personal items in it just a few small items in the front 2 pockets. My Mom bought it for me as a present because no way I would be comfortable paying $65 for one. I am also thinking about trying an ankle holster, if it doesn't feel too heavy for me.

I guess I really really need to get my CHL first. :rules:
"WARNING: Due to the increased price of ammo...do NOT expect a warning shot!"

RobinK

Post by RobinK »

I also use the belly band, and it kinda doubles as a girdle! :lol:

For off-body carry, I have a purse with a velcro holster inside, it looks like this:

https://www.guntotenmamas.com/cgi-bin/c ... GTM0099ZBR

It's made out of a ballistic material to make it harder to cut the shoulder strap. It doesn't offer a lot of room for other items though, which is why I also have one of these made by Galco:

http://www.amazon.com/Galco-PANBLK-8-Pa ... B003UGRQ3U

I've found through experience however that on-body carry is preferable. I was getting pretty paranoid about my purse when it wasn't in direct line of sight, and who knows if I'd be able to get into it in case of emergency.
Facilitator of A Girl and A Gun, North Fort Worth Chapter
Member of IDPA, Cross Timbers Chapter
Texas CHL Holder since 2007

jimkellam

Post by jimkellam »

SewTexas wrote:ah, come on Crossfire, you could totally carry them all at the same time! add an ankle holster and you're Fiona from Burn Notice!!! :lol:
:iagree: :thumbs2:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

most of the time, if I carry in a purse, I don't use a "gun purse" as long as it's a sturdy bag, with a good pocket, you're good.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

If I am not using a "holster purse" I do use and recommend using, a pocket holster or I will use the nylon holster from my designated holster purse. NOTHING else goes in the pocket where the sidearm is! This prevents worrying about something getting in the trigger guard through the cloth dividers, or the outside of the purse, and prevents some little something gumming up the gun if it should get in there. It is amazing the "stuff" that accumulates in a mom's purse :mrgreen:
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

absolutely, a pocket holster is a must! even in a dedicated pocket, also, that way you're double sure it won't "print"
~Tracy

psijac

Post by psijac »

LikesShinyThings wrote:Another Burn Notice fan - Cool!

I would think IWB could be a possibility, too. Although it probably depends (doesn't it always?) on your shape.
I stopped watching after the episode where fiona was arrested by the FBI. And i imagined what if a electable Ron Paul libertarian canidate type wanted to disband the CIA and Michael was directed by the evil therapist to take him out.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

asa
Posts in topic: 3

Post by asa »

New member here. Bumping this thread back up as I'm still trying to find a holster that will work with my "ampleness". I rarely use a purse, so not interested in those. Will be using a Walther PK380.

I'm really interested in the flashbang as I know it would work while I was standing, but I do have worries about when I am sitting as unless I really sit up, my belly would probably push the butt of the gun out. Also, boob sweat.

I have been searching around for a few weeks now and most of the detailed reviews/videos are from either thin women up to what I would consider average/healthy at the largest.
8/24/2014 - CHL class
8/30/2014 - Applied online for CHL and submitted forms
9/4/2014 - Fingerprints
9/18/2014 - Plastic in Hand

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Am not a Burn Notice watcher. Isn't Fiona that skinny little, probably a size zero sidekick? Do they really have her carrying all that and an ankle holster? As little as she is, you'd think the only place she really could hide a gun is in an ankle holster with some long pant legs that flare out.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

asa wrote:New member here. Bumping this thread back up as I'm still trying to find a holster that will work with my "ampleness". I rarely use a purse, so not interested in those. Will be using a Walther PK380.

I'm really interested in the flashbang as I know it would work while I was standing, but I do have worries about when I am sitting as unless I really sit up, my belly would probably push the butt of the gun out. Also, boob sweat.

I have been searching around for a few weeks now and most of the detailed reviews/videos are from either thin women up to what I would consider average/healthy at the largest.
Welcome to the forum asa !

I am new to carrying as well and am still trying to figure out the best place for me to carry. I don't carry a purse either (and just can't imagine I'd feel comfortable being responsible for a gun that **wasn't** on my body).

Have you looked at "The Marilyn" from the Flashbang company? There's a woman on google who did a slight modification to her "Marilyn" so it works better for her. Basically, the Marilyn holster rides 'on top of' and to the outside of your breast, it almost sits in front of your armpit. It gets hidden between the breast and the upper arm.....kinda....ish, hahaha. Google 'the marilyn reviews' and you should be able to find the video I'm talking about.

Good luck in your search, please let us know if you come up with any creative carry solutions!!
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

asa
Posts in topic: 3

Post by asa »

mtnthundr2 wrote: Welcome to the forum asa !

I am new to carrying as well and am still trying to figure out the best place for me to carry. I don't carry a purse either (and just can't imagine I'd feel comfortable being responsible for a gun that **wasn't** on my body).

Have you looked at "The Marilyn" from the Flashbang company? There's a woman on google who did a slight modification to her "Marilyn" so it works better for her. Basically, the Marilyn holster rides 'on top of' and to the outside of your breast, it almost sits in front of your armpit. It gets hidden between the breast and the upper arm.....kinda....ish, hahaha. Google 'the marilyn reviews' and you should be able to find the video I'm talking about.

Good luck in your search, please let us know if you come up with any creative carry solutions!!
I could not figure out the Marilyn when looking online. Either my gun is too large or my chest is shaped wrong, but there's no room at all in that area to conceal something.

I gave up on the remora, but it fits my husband's gun, too. So he can have it as another one to play around with.

I went ahead and ordered the Flashbang bra holster. It came in yesterday, so I spent a few hours wearing it with my unloaded gun. I did inside stuff, I watched tv slouched on the couch, I walked around outside and did a few things with the chickens. It passed the test so far except for when I was sitting down and I leaned down to mess with something beneath me. The gun jabbed into my belly pretty good and also pushed my chest way up. I need to mess around with the straps and get that adjusted correctly. I had a few problems drawing the gun. Sometimes it just didn't want to come out, other times it worked perfectly. I've got to figure out what the difference is. It does slightly pull out the middle of my bra. I wear a fairly expensive (to me) bra almost exclusively. I have 3 older ones and 2 brand new ones. Different colors, so I know which is which. I think I will not wear the holster with the new ones and save those for my work outfits (can't carry at work). I have some 'only at home' bras that aren't underwires and offer very little support. I have no idea if it will work with them or not.
8/24/2014 - CHL class
8/30/2014 - Applied online for CHL and submitted forms
9/4/2014 - Fingerprints
9/18/2014 - Plastic in Hand

Return to “Ladies”