Introducing myself here!

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Little-Lonestar
Posts in topic: 2

Introducing myself here!

Post by Little-Lonestar »

Hello ladies. I made a post on the general boards introducing myself, but it seems relevant to do it here too.

I'm a 23 y/o student, living in Denton county with my boyfriend, 1 dog, and 2 cats. We both love guns, and while I hate to admit it, he's a little bit better shot than I am. ;) We took our CHL class together at the end of August, and I just need to finish up my paperwork to send it in (his is being processed). I'd love to talk to some ladies around here, and maybe meet up and shoot some time. I think it's important for women to be unafraid of guns, and I would really like my mom to get her concealed carry license. Anyways, I think I'm just rambling on now, so I hope to see some of you ladies around!

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Introducing myself here!

Post by mamabearCali »

Welcome! Always good to have another lady here.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

marinemom

Post by marinemom »

hello and welcome.
:patriot:
Semper Fi

fannypacker

Post by fannypacker »

I too welcome you to the board. For several years in North TX I taught beginners pistol shooting every Thursday night at a local gun shop and range. It was 3 hours with 1.5 hours of classroom instruction and 1.5 hours shooting several guns from the shop and two instructors for 10 shooters. I always had a few women and I always thanked them for learning how to protect themselves. They seemed to like me for saying that.

Texas10X

Post by Texas10X »

Welcome, Little-Lonestar! Glad to have you here!

It's great that you and your boyfriend both like guns and went to class together. Get your paperwork finished... sounds like he's a little ahead of you on that (can't let him beat you! ;-) ). Friendly competition is a good thing, so hopefully you'll have fun getting to practice together, too. Good luck on getting your mom on-board. Patience is always key, and you'll never know when the seeds you plant will start to grow.

Topic author
Little-Lonestar

Post by Little-Lonestar »

Texas10X wrote:Welcome, Little-Lonestar! Glad to have you here!

It's great that you and your boyfriend both like guns and went to class together. Get your paperwork finished... sounds like he's a little ahead of you on that (can't let him beat you! ;-) ). Friendly competition is a good thing, so hopefully you'll have fun getting to practice together, too. Good luck on getting your mom on-board. Patience is always key, and you'll never know when the seeds you plant will start to grow.
Thank you all for the warm welcomes!!

Oh believe me, I'm very competitive haha. He works with our instructors, so they were messing with both of us the whole day, but mostly along the lines of, "Man, she's out shooting you!"

The only reason the paperwork isn't done yet is because if I'm not at school (obviously a no-no carry), I'm at a nursing home (also a no). I don't generally go out with people, or out alone. Still not an excuse, but I'm working on it. It seemed the website was having some issues when I tried it the other night.

We love to practice together. The range officers are familiar with us, and love to tease him about not making me mad haha. As for my mom, she has a nice little 9mm, and we even cleaned it for her. My next step is to take her with us to the range so she can feel good about shooting it.

Texas10X

Post by Texas10X »

Little-Lonestar wrote:As for my mom, she has a nice little 9mm, and we even cleaned it for her. My next step is to take her with us to the range so she can feel good about shooting it.
Sounds like you're working it right. Good luck!

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

welcome!!
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Little-Lonestar wrote:
Texas10X wrote:Welcome, Little-Lonestar! Glad to have you here!

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!!

Oh believe me, I'm very competitive haha. He works with our instructors, so they were messing with both of us the whole day, but mostly along the lines of, "Man, she's out shooting you!"

The only reason the paperwork isn't done yet is because if I'm not at school (obviously a no-no carry), I'm at a nursing home (also a no). I don't generally go out with people, or out alone. Still not an excuse, but I'm working on it. It seemed the website was having some issues when I tried it the other night.

We love to practice together. The range officers are familiar with us, and love to tease him about not making me mad haha. As for my mom, she has a nice little 9mm, and we even cleaned it for her. My next step is to take her with us to the range so she can feel good about shooting it.
Welcome Little-Lonestar. :tiphat:

The forum is a wealth of information. Lots of good folks here and we especially have a great place for lady CHL's to hang out. :thumbs2:

I just wanted to clarify, the nursing home would only be off-limits if they have a 30.06 sign posted, or as a condition of your work you have an employee manual that states you can't carry. And then, it would only be a case of getting fired if caught unless the manual was written in the language of TPC 30.06 or they had given you notification personally. If not violating 30.06 notice, then it it not against the law. Is one of those the reasons you state it is a no-no and you can't carry there?
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Ladies”