Belly Band

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
LookieLoo
Posts in topic: 1

Belly Band

Post by LookieLoo »

I've had great success with the belly band. I've tried several shoulder, underarm or waist band holsters and none really seem to fit my body, be concealed by feminine clothing, feel secure or be quickly drawn without any funny clothing entrapments. IWB holsters don't work too well for me as I have a small waist and my jeans/slacks aren't ever tight around my tummy area and I don't really sport belts, so I've found IWB holsters sort of "hang."

I conceal high caliber SA's and I normally carry at 12 o'clock, just below my belly button with the barrel pointing down between the legs. A belly band doesn't require any adjustment throughout the day, nor during any restroom break.

While I personally have not tried the Flashbang hook-up, it doesn't seem to be a realistic option in a life-changing split second.

I'm also your average-sized woman with curves, so don't give me the "skinny" excuse on the belly band.

Just thought I'd share.
CHL October 2011
Ruger P345, Glock G27, SW9

Tbucher1218
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Belly Band

Post by Tbucher1218 »

Thanks for posting this. :tiphat: I have been considering getting the belly band simply because I do not wear a belt and most of my clothing is not overly loose. I am still trying to find what fits me best as far as daily carry. :confused5
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Belly bands are great for ladies!

Most guys won't put up with them, but then, why do they need to? They can carry IWB.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

This won't apply to many, but when I was wearing bib overalls, a belly band worked great.

I turned it so that the firearm was in front behind the bib.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

barstoolguru

Post by barstoolguru »

I carry in a BB every day. Along with my g23/g26 I carry pepper spray, extra mag, knife and light all in the band. The nice thing I like is all alterations can be made with a needle and thread and it keeps my pockets free and doesn’t pull my shorts down
Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"......George Will

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

I've been wondering about the absence of the belly band in all the talk about the best holsters. I've been carrying IWB since I got my CHL a few months ago. Since I mostly carry on the weekends when I'm wearing jeans and a belt (I'm a teacher) that's worked fine, but I have a date with my husband for lunch today and wanted to look nice. He got a free belly band with his holster last week so I put it on under my dress slacks (no belt) and the gun and the belly band have virtually disappeared! Very comfortable and still easy access.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Tbucher1218

Post by Tbucher1218 »

I have been practicing with my BB and plan to wear it often once I finally receive my license (any day now). I have found it very comfortable with an undershirt. I conceals my Kel-Tec PF9 as well as my XD9SC.
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

discoqueen

Post by discoqueen »

Glad to see this discussion, especially the comment about the dress slacks, since I ran into that exact situation over the weekend.
The Belly Band is now on my "to buy" list. ;-)
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

barstoolguru

Post by barstoolguru »

Songbird wrote:I've been wondering about the absence of the belly band in all the talk about the best holsters..

There is a stigma about the belly band that a lot of “I gotta have a leather holster” crowd has. If you holster and unholster all day long then BB’s are not for you. Most CCer’s don’t, they strap on until they unstrap at the end of the day.
One guy I know has a bad back and he sewed a pocket in the back of his so he can add a heating pad/ ice pack for those day when he is suffering

I got my first one back in the early 80”s and carried a colt mustang in it for years and time took its toll on it and I retired it. Back then they look more like an ace bandage used for sprained ankles with pockets. I still have it, for some reason it’s hard to throw it away; too many miles together.
Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"......George Will

egonpax

Post by egonpax »

My wife carries pretty much daily with her belly band! She finds that belly bands works best for her and she's a petite girl. She carries her Beretta Nano most of the time or her Keltec PF9.

Being a smaller framed male, I also carried with a belly band for a few months to see how I liked it. It was ok for those few months but it was during the extremely hot months of summer. I've now changed to IWB which works better for me.

Also, remember to at least wipe your firearm daily (or every few days at the very least) when carrying in a belly band. Sweat will penetrate the belly band and surface rust will start to appear on your firearm.

Return to “Ladies”