Buying guns as a lady......

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Buying guns as a lady......

Post by CHLLady »

Kadelic wrote:
discoqueen wrote:Man, I wish there was a "Like" button here. Well said, TAM.
:iagree:
:iagree: :iagree:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Interesting hearing about your experiences with rude sales people, but impressive hearing how knowledgable and confident you are when purchasing a weapon. Bravo! I hope to be so one day.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chuck j »

Pull your pants down , I actually laughed at that one . A lot of members recommend 'calling the manager' , just tell them what you require in the way of inspection or info . That should make the sales personel 'gun shy' about waiting on the next female customer .

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Interesting first experience as purchaser at Cabelas. Normally, I am the tagalong with hubby in his gun purchase shopping. This time, he let me browse and stayed by my side for technical assistance. I had a Walther .22 in my hand and was weighing it, positioning my hand on the grip to see how it fit, looking to see if my thumb reached the clip release etc. when I held it up and sighted it at the wall. I heard a man walk by and make a snarky "Uh-Oh, let's move away." comment, to which his wife/partner snickered at. Otherwise, the sales guy was very patient and answered questions and didn't make me feel dumb for asking a newbie question. Great first purchase experience, but I wasn't completely on my own either...

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

wow....Cabela's is one place I've not had a problem with at all, there (the one in Buda) and McBride's in Austin
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

I only buy shoes and sporting equipment at Academy. My local gun shops get 100% of my firearms business.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

anomie

Post by anomie »

I don't think this kind of thing is limited to just guns. I've seen it happen with pretty much anything.

I grew up as the son of a woman who is probably the best backyard mechanic I've ever met in person. When I was a child, I saw plenty of full grown men eat crow after pulling the 'of course this poor little woman don't know anything about cars' thing.

Just keep proving them wrong.
You can have an attitude
or you can carry a gun
but you can't do both
-- unknown (If you have any information on the origination of this quote, please let me know)

Return to “Ladies”