UnderTech Compression Shorts Holster

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

UnderTech Compression Shorts Holster

Post by SewTexas »

anyone tried these? looks like an interesting option for under dresses...yeh, you're going to flash everyone, but you know what....if I'm in a situation that I've got to draw, well, the last thing I'm worrying about is what folks are going to see :shock: only thing is, I'm not really crazy about the gun being behind me, I'm just use to it being at 10.00...so switching to in back would be weird (maybe I should just stick to purses in the summer.

http://www.mizmac.com/undertech%20women ... t%20shorts
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: UnderTech Compression Shorts Holster

Post by MoJo »

Get a Belly Band Most of them are ambidextrous and you aren't limited to where you carry the gun. Also if worn with pants and shirt or skirt and a top you can still maintain a bit of modesty.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I had forgotten about the belly band...that might be the answer, I mostly wear skirts, just a few sundresses. I like the price on the belly band better, too. Mamacalli likes the belly band, too. Thanks I like that idea!!!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

While I a not a fan, some folks like thigh holsters for skirts/dresses. With dresses and purse carry, one advantage is you can walk around with your hand casually in your purse and no one pays attention, but they might look at you funny if you had your hand up your skirt with a belly band or shorts option, thigh is more easily accessible than those two options. JMPHO
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I just showed that page to my wife as a possible alternative. Her comment? "Man, I wish I had a butt like that!" "rlol"

After 24 years of marriage, I knew enough to say "No, she's too skinny for me. I love you just the way you are." :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

we're 24 years this summer...no, there is no right response to that, none at all ;-)

DA, I can't imagine me and a thigh holster, it just seems a little weird to picture
~Tracy

The Walrus

Post by The Walrus »

http://www.mizmac.com/undertech%20women ... t%20shorts

Times sure have changed. When I was a young man, 36-24-36 was considered voluptuous. If the mizmac size chart is accurate, now it's somewhere between small and extra-small.

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mamabearCali »

The Walrus wrote:http://www.mizmac.com/undertech%20women ... t%20shorts

Times sure have changed. When I was a young man, 36-24-36 was considered voluptuous. If the mizmac size chart is accurate, now it's somewhere between small and extra-small.

Ummmmm.....when I was in high school my measurements were close to that and I was a size 4 and tiny.....curvy, but tiny. If that is voluptuous then twiggy had a few lbs to lose.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

mamabearCali wrote:

Ummmmm.....when I was in high school my measurements were close to that and I was a size 4 and tiny.....curvy, but tiny. If that is voluptuous then twiggy had a few lbs to lose.
My late wife was 5'11" on her 36-24-36 WAS tiny, or would have been if she ever got that small. She, and my current wife were, and always are, just right.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

A flashbang holster works for some women. I like mine if I have to wear an outfit that would not hide the bulge of a gun. Mine is for a .38 snubbie. No one has a clue it's there and even giving someone a hug doesn't give it away. Just note that the car safety belt passes over it so that is a danger in a collision if you are wearing it while driving. http://www.pagunblog.com/2011/05/23/fla ... er-review/
The bellyband works too. It's just a tad hot in the summer for me.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

mamabearCali wrote:

Actually, the XS would have fit Twiggy in the waist OK but it might be a little loose on her 31/32 hips. Marilyn Monroe would have filled out a XS or Small nicely, depending whether you take the low end or high end of the range from her dressmaker.

Without making subjective value judgements, I think objectively speaking you only have to look at pictures of the general public to see Americans, on average, are more horizontally gifted than in the 50s or 70s.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

TexasGal wrote:A flashbang holster works for some women. I like mine if I have to wear an outfit that would not hide the bulge of a gun. Mine is for a .38 snubbie. No one has a clue it's there and even giving someone a hug doesn't give it away. Just note that the car safety belt passes over it so that is a danger in a collision if you are wearing it while driving. http://www.pagunblog.com/2011/05/23/fla ... er-review/
The bellyband works too. It's just a tad hot in the summer for me.
My daughter uses a FlashBang too and loves it, but it's really only effective for small pistols, otherwise, as she puts it, "The gun doesn't leave room for what's supposed to be there in the first place!" :lol:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mamabearCali »

jimlongley wrote:
My late wife was 5'11" on her 36-24-36 WAS tiny, or would have been if she ever got that small. She, and my current wife were, and always are, just right.
Smart man! :patriot: :tiphat: :tiphat:
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I have thought about the FlashBang but I don't think it is the right one for me, I don't even like underwires...I don't like the idea of a gun poking me there.
~Tracy

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

The flashbang didn't work well for me (Colt Mustang). The gun never stayed where it was supposed to (even with trying several different strap arrangements and several different bras. I'm much happier with the belly band when I'm not carrying IWB.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Return to “Ladies”