Ladies

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
ANG201
Posts in topic: 3

Ladies

Post by ANG201 »

I don't know where this post should be directed to, but I have been to two gun shows recently and everything is very overpriced, we spent $7 per person just to get in and there were few vendors.!! I am looking for a gun to wear in a Flashbang and I had hoped to find one and purchase it unregistered. Is that possible and does it matter? Where do you find a good used handgun at a reasonable price? Ladies, if any of you have a Flashbang, do you like it and what do you carry in it? :banghead:
GEORGE WASHINGTON-"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains EVIL interference."

tacticool
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ladies

Post by tacticool »

I'm not a lady but regardless of gender I think the make, model and caliber of a firearm is more important than if it's registered in another state unless it's intended primarily as a drop gun.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

I purchased a Flashbang for my Colt Mustang and didn't like it at all. Never could get it to stay where it was supposed to. I gave up on the "girly" options. I now carry a Walther PPS 9 mm with a very well made OWB holster and belt. MUCH more comfortable and more secure to me.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Birdie
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Birdie »

I never could get my flashbang to stay positioned either. I did however like the hard clamshell that was part of the flashbang and kept it to use when I have to purse carry. Or against a further time when the flashbang might be more comfortable. For now, I'm using a "Sticky" holster IWB to carry a 38 revolver. It's been my gun for 20 years and the one I'm most comfortable with. I am thinking about purchasing a 9mm at some point. My husband has one that I like. When I ordered the "Sticky", I also ordered an additional component so that I can ankle carry. I strapped it on to try it, and it worked fine, but haven't used it in public yet, as it only just got cool enough for long pants.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
Benjamin Franklin

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TLynnHughes »

Love my Flashbang!! I have one for a Sig P238. I wear it a lot. It stays in place for me, it's comfortable and people are often surprised when I tell them where I carry.

I also have one for my Shield but have not had the opportunity to use it yet.

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Topic author
ANG201

Post by ANG201 »

Thank you Songbird & Birdie for your comments! When you say the Flashbang didn't stay in place, can you elaborate more? Did the gun want to tilt or move while you were wearing it?

TLynnHughs, is that P238 the gun that's called "Lady"?

Because I wear loose pants most the time, (loose capris & athletic pants), I began carrying in my purse, which I hate. I am getting out of the habit of carrying on my person and I always said I wouldn't do that. That is why I was looking at the Flashbang. I have an IWB holster that I like, but I can only wear it when I am wearing jeans. Otherwise, the holster pulls loose fitting pants down.
GEORGE WASHINGTON-"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains EVIL interference."

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

Ang,

I use IWB when I wear jeans and the like - dress slacks, and others I can wear a belt with. I use a minotaur for my M&P 9C and I love it! I have a Comfort carry for my p238, and a Kholster for my Colt Snubbie. I also purse carry when there is NO other option. I wear scrubs for work, and wear a belly band for that works great with my Sig, and will work with my 9C, but feels heavy, so I just use my P238 for comfort and ease. I have never tried the flash bang, I have "extra" up top and the loop will not work with my bras.

I am looking for a thigh holster to use with dresses as I much prefer on body to purse carry. I highly suggest you find a gun you like and enjoy shooting, THEN worry about holster options. JMPHO, YMMV.
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

ANG201 wrote:Thank you Songbird & Birdie for your comments! When you say the Flashbang didn't stay in place, can you elaborate more? Did the gun want to tilt or move while you were wearing it?

TLynnHughs, is that P238 the gun that's called "Lady"?

Because I wear loose pants most the time, (loose capris & athletic pants), I began carrying in my purse, which I hate. I am getting out of the habit of carrying on my person and I always said I wouldn't do that. That is why I was looking at the Flashbang. I have an IWB holster that I like, but I can only wear it when I am wearing jeans. Otherwise, the holster pulls loose fitting pants down.
Have you looked into the compression shorts with the built in holster? A lot of the ladies in my group have started to use those with yoga pants and looser fitting pants with success. The holster holds the gun in the small of your back. They have similar type shirts as well with the holster under the arm. I believed Armed in Heels carries the shorts in a wide variety of sizes. I haven't tried them yet so I can't speak personally.

As far as the P238, they come in multiple models. The Lady is indeed one of them. I have the rainbow titanium one and the solid black one.

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

My daughter carried a Diamondback DB9. She bought a Flashbang and wore it once, but didn't like it. She eventually decided to switch to a different pistol, so has left me with a DB9/Flashbang package to sell. The pistol was just refurbished by Diamondback, so it's essentially "new." I'm glad to sell it to an interested buyer (as a package) for $325 ($350 after tax).
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

With the Flashbang, the slightest movement (bending over, reaching, etc.) would cause the gun to dislodge from under the bra and pop straight out. I tried all the straps, different bras, nothing worked. I'm very happy with my Hopps Custom Leather holster and belt. The gun fits snug against me and doesn't print. I use a belly band for the few times im running to the store in shorts or sweats.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

Songbird wrote:With the Flashbang, the slightest movement (bending over, reaching, etc.) would cause the gun to dislodge from under the bra and pop straight out. I tried all the straps, different bras, nothing worked. I'm very happy with my Hopps Custom Leather holster and belt. The gun fits snug against me and doesn't print. I use a belly band for the few times im running to the store in shorts or sweats.

Wow...that's weird. I don't experience that at all. I set up targets, target stands and barricades while wearing mine while preparing to teach a class and it stays right in place. I've never had it "pop out." The worst thing I deal with is that the grip gets a little sweaty when I do that...LOL.

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

Songbird wrote:With the Flashbang, the slightest movement (bending over, reaching, etc.) would cause the gun to dislodge from under the bra and pop straight out. I tried all the straps, different bras, nothing worked. I'm very happy with my Hopps Custom Leather holster and belt. The gun fits snug against me and doesn't print. I use a belly band for the few times im running to the store in shorts or sweats.
If you still have your Flashbang and don't want it anymore, I might can find someone that wants to buy it. What gun is it for, again? :)

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

TLynnHughes wrote:
If you still have your Flashbang and don't want it anymore, I might can find someone that wants to buy it. What gun is it for, again? :)

T.
It's for a Colt Mustang.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

Songbird wrote:
TLynnHughes wrote:

T.
It's for a Colt Mustang.
I'll ask around for you! Don't know too many gals with that gun though. :)

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Strange. My daughter is a police officer and went through several "tactical exercises" to determine whether the Flashbang was suitable. She found it retained the pistol perfectly without any motion. Not saying you didn't have the experience you did, just that my daughter's experience was very different. She liked it, but when she switched to a different (and slightly larger) pistol, she decided to not get a Flashbang for the new pistol.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “Ladies”