Ladies Concealment Compression Shorts

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ladies Concealment Compression Shorts

Post by baldeagle »

tperez wrote:Good morning -

I am a newbie to the forum as well as concealed carry. I just received my plastic last Thursday!! When my husband brought up that he wanted me to be trained and carry, I told him that I would do so but only carry in my purse because I didn't feel comfortable carrying on my body. Now it's time to eat my words! We trained for almost a year before I took my test and since I'm much more comfortable, I would like to carry on my body. I've seen the compression shorts online and read a few reviews but I wanted to see if any of the ladies in here use them and what they thought before I break down and buy a pair. And any other options that you can recommend that I start researching? I'm a full-time college student going back after 20 years so I know that I can't use the shorts on the days I go to school (too hard to reholster). I'll need something hard that I can take off and put back on easily in my vehicle. I have both a Ruger LCP and a S&W M&P Shield 9mm. My husband is LEO and has been for over 25 yrs. We've been together just over 2 years, which is why I'm getting this now instead of 20 years ago. He's giving all sorts of advice on carry but, let's face it, our curves are not in the same place!

On a separate note, my husband found your forum last week and we are both totally hooked!! There is some great information here and I can't wait to learn more!
I work at a college and carry every day. Make sure you get a good car safe to store your weapon and extra mag(s) in when you're in class. This is like the one that I use. http://www.meijer.com/s/gunvault-nanova ... kpid=NV100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Ropin

Post by Ropin »

In situations where you have legal right, but risk your at-will employment status, if your gun is in a safe in the parking lot (inside your car), and you happen to have a key-entry safe (not fingerprint or digital), if your vehicle does come up for a search, you can always tell them that you have carried a firearm in the safe before, but not today...and you don't happen to have the key with you today. (suggest not having it on the same ring as your car keys, in case they call your bluff).

It's not a technique I ever tried, but it was bantered around frequently prior to the passage of the parking lot bill.
Class 08/08
Packet Sent 08/10
Processing app 08/31
Complete 10/21

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

Ropin wrote:In situations where you have legal right, but risk your at-will employment status, if your gun is in a safe in the parking lot (inside your car), and you happen to have a key-entry safe (not fingerprint or digital), if your vehicle does come up for a search, you can always tell them that you have carried a firearm in the safe before, but not today...and you don't happen to have the key with you today. (suggest not having it on the same ring as your car keys, in case they call your bluff).

It's not a technique I ever tried, but it was bantered around frequently prior to the passage of the parking lot bill.
what could they really do at that point? make you try every key on your chain? or follow you home to see the contents of it? the problem with my safe is it's not in a position to get to very easily. ( i didn't have a choice on location but it's very concealed ) so at my work it would be more obvious to put it in the safe vs what i normally do with it.
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

tdrollo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tdrollo »

I ordered a pair of those compression shorts yesterday. I'll let you know what I think soon!

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Welcome Tperez! Hope you will join us often!

Check out my review of the Pistol Wear wrap I bought from The Well Armed Woman, its posted here in the Ladies forum. I am so very pleased with it. No more purse carry for me! ;-) Also check out their video reviews of each female friendly holsters they carry. It will definitely help you in your decision making.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

tdrollo

Post by tdrollo »

Ok, I'm back with my review of the undertech compression shorts. I have the beige size medium in regular length. I am 5'11" and weigh around 150 and wear a size 8 to 10 pants. I LOVE these shorts. They are very comfortable and conceal my Ruger LCR very well under yoga pants, shorts, skirts, anything I don't want to wear a belt with. I wore them all day today.

I do think they could make a couple of improvements. First of all, I would appreciate a cotton gusset. It's all nylon and a little bit uncomfortable with the seams in the crotch without wearing underwear. Also it would be nice if they had pockets in the front too for an appendix carry option.

There are two pockets in the back. The one you don't use can be used for cell phone or extra magazine carry if you see the bottom closed. Otherwise they slide out of the bottom. I give them a big thumbs up!

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I read a review once which had a lot of comments where the women were wearing the backways, with the pockets in the front. The women were saying they fit fine that way, the guys said theirs didn't work that way {shrug}
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Ladies”