Just want to say Hello

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

MamaK
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just want to say Hello

Post by MamaK »

chelleb wrote:Hello,

I am new to the forums, and wanted to introduce myself.

I am a CHL holder, 4-H firearms instructor, help run a small on profit range here in Jasper (built for our 4-H, but we are now open to the public) , Texas and Southern Coordinator for 1 Million Moms Against Gun Control and I am an NRA member. I have 4 kids who I homeschool, 3 of which are old enough to compete in various shooting sports and do- constantly it seems. :)

I have been blessed to be able to introduce friends to guns who never thought they wanted to touch one, and get to teach children each week the proper way to handle a firearm and how to play the games. Not to mention, I spend my spare time working to inform people about our 2nd amendment. I couldn't ask for a better 'job'.

Anyway, I found this forum while doing research on our current bills in congress and am thrilled to find it. Its always great to be around like minded people. :)
I like you =)

Growing up I did 4H. It was and still is a fantastic program for facilitating learning of what I consider to be useful skills that newer generations aren't gaining as much access to. Kudos to you for homeschooling. I think its pretty amazing that you help teach children to respect firearms. That I think is more useful towards reducing firearms accidents than forcing some kind of universal background check. (I still remember when hunter safety classes were free in my school and students could get a pass from class to attend. Schools back then seemed to harbor positive feelings towards firearms safety courses. That state still schedules the first day of doe & buck season as a "holiday" but no longer offers the free classes.)

Welcome :D

Return to “Ladies”