Introduced Two Young Women to Shooting

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
airbornecpa
Posts in topic: 2

Introduced Two Young Women to Shooting

Post by airbornecpa »

Tuesday night I took my two daughters and one of their friends (ages 24, 24, and 28) to Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville. Younger daughter was introduced to shooting a couple of months ago by her boyfriend, she had a good time then and wanted to do more. She went to a Handguns and Highheels class in June and has been to he range one other time with me. For her birthday I got her a Purple LCP. The friend and the older daughter had never been shooting before. I gave them the safety rules and familiarization, then started them with my 1911 style .22. Right from the get-go they were shooting nice groups, I was a bit jealous. All shot the LCP as well.

They had a great time, are planning future trips, and considering getting their CHLs.

Me? I'm glad they all did well. The RSO only "yelled" at them once. That was when a piece of brass went down a blouse, daughter then turned behind the firing line. RSO was on top of it, she knew what she did as the RSO opened his mouth.

Three new lady shooters. Life is good.

SewTexas

Re: Introduced Two Young Women to Shooting

Post by SewTexas »

yay! sounds like fun!! and a purple gun, I'm jealous!!! :rolll
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I heard the purple ones were more accurate than the pink ones...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Topic author
airbornecpa

Post by airbornecpa »

Purple ones are hard to find. They told me that they were selling them mostly to Marines who were trading in their Pink ones. :patriot:
Last edited by airbornecpa on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

lol...touche...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

airbornecpa wrote:Purple ones are hard to find. They told me that they were selling them mostly to Marines who were trading in their Pink ones. :patriot:

:hurry: :hurry: :hurry:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CHLLady »

Great job! :thewave
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Sounds like a great time and 3 ladies who will continue their shooting thanks to your tutelage. :thumbs2:

On the brass situation, when I teach ladies (and men too) I ask them to wear a button-up collard shirt or a closed neck t-shirt. Many ladies will wear a lower cut top and their natural built-in brass catcher ends up having them dancing and digging. Not fun for them and definitely a safety issue if they don't set their pistol down on the bench before they go after the offending brass. They learn real quick to close off the chute to keep from getting burned during future sessions. ;-)
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

AndyC wrote:And for men with plumber's crack; saw that a couple of times and it's NOT a pretty sight :shock:
Yeah, I don't want to see eitehr one, the plumbers crack OR the damage done by the hot brass. LOL
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Ladies”