Something totally unexpected happened today...

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
CHLLady
Posts in topic: 7

Something totally unexpected happened today...

Post by CHLLady »

I wore my gun concealed in my new holster today. Yeah, not that exciting, but my experience while wearing it on my person instead of carrying it in my purse was definitely new. I felt so much more confident! And I found I was not as paranoid about my purse. It was a relief not to be burdened about ensuring my hand is on my purse at all times, and that if I'm separated from my purse all is not lost.

Hubby and I had a quick lunch together. There were some construction workers that kept staring, while it irritated me, I wasn't as intimidated as I otherwise would have been. I have a secret! :smilelol5:

I'm very surprised by my first carry in holster experience, I never expected it to make such a difference. It was pretty cool.
Last edited by CHLLady on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Something totally unexpected happened today...

Post by MoJo »

Will you mind telling what holster/carry method you are using?
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Sure! If you go to the Ladies forum, I posted a review for my Pistol Wear holster. ;-)
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Sangiovese

Post by Sangiovese »

CHLLady wrote:...not that exciting...
Actually, it is! Moving to on-body carry is a big step. It's great that you found a setup that works for you.
NRA Endowment Member. Texas LTC Instructor. NRA certified Pistol & Home Firearm Safety Instructor - Range Safety Officer

Any comments about legal matters are general in nature and are not legal advice. Nothing posted on this forum is intended to establish an attorney-client relationship.

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Sangiovese wrote:
CHLLady wrote:...not that exciting...
Actually, it is! Moving to on-body carry is a big step. It's great that you found a setup that works for you.
Thank you! Wore it to lunch with my girlfriends today and they never knew. It's getting fun actually, having this secret and not revealing it. It gives a quiet confidence. ;-)

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

CHLLady wrote:... Wore it to lunch with my girlfriends today and they never knew. It's getting fun actually, having this secret and not revealing it. It gives a quiet confidence. ;-)
Like the advertisement says... "it's not meant to be comfortable... it's meant to be comforting!"
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

[quote="CHLLady"]

{snip}

Hubby and I had a quick lunch together. There were some construction workers that kept staring, while it irritated me, I wasn't as intimidated as I otherwise would have been. I have a secret! :smilelol5:
[quote]

Construction workers staring, eh? :eek6

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Oldgringo wrote:
CHLLady wrote:
{snip}

Construction workers staring, eh? :eek6
Yeah, nothing new there. These two in particular irritated me because they purposely sat side by side against the wall to watch everyone and across from us. Ugh. But it's not me, that I go :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 flaming mad over, it's my teenaged daughter. Don't mess with this mama!! I always tell myself I would NEVER open carry, but that is one instance I would consider showing a bit of gun over. Heck, might even borrow the hubby's .45 for that. "rlol" Oh I'd love to see their staring eyes bug out on that! :shock:

MotherBear

Post by MotherBear »

I've never carried off-body (I don't carry a purse these days; one more thing to forget), but it sure does feel good to carry on-body. Congrats! :mrgreen:

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Thank you all. ;-) I just didn't expect it to feel any different. Now if I could just get over my worry of the stupid anti theft scanners at the entrances of businesses. They never bothered me before, guess they remind me too much of metal detectors at airports. :smilelol5:

BillH

Post by BillH »

When my wife took her CHL the instructor told the ladies never to use a purse only carry on her person. He said the first thing thieves go for are purses.

jmra

Post by jmra »

BillH wrote:When my wife took her CHL the instructor told the ladies never to use a purse only carry on her person. He said the first thing thieves go for are purses.
My wife absolutely refuses to carry in a purse. The only way she will carry is on body.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

CHLLady wrote:Thank you all. ;-) I just didn't expect it to feel any different. Now if I could just get over my worry of the stupid anti theft scanners at the entrances of businesses. They never bothered me before, guess they remind me too much of metal detectors at airports. :smilelol5:
Those scanners are short range radio transmitters that are looking for specially designed anti theft tags attached to merchandise. They're not magnetometers or gun detectors.

Carry on and don't give them another thought.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Longhorn-breeder

Post by Longhorn-breeder »

jmra wrote:
BillH wrote:When my wife took her CHL the instructor told the ladies never to use a purse only carry on her person. He said the first thing thieves go for are purses.
My wife absolutely refuses to carry in a purse. The only way she will carry is on body.
I feel the same way! I believe in continuous positive control! :cool:
Longhorn-breeder
Central TX

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Longhorn-breeder wrote:
jmra wrote:
I feel the same way! I believe in continuous positive control! :cool:

Yes, my instructor also told me the same thing. But he also gave us tips on how to carry in our purses and situational awareness. I guess you can say this has been a journey to more confidence in carrying for me. My husband was glad I had it with me at all. Now he's even happier I have it on my person.

Women have to choose what works best for them.

Return to “Ladies”