As if choosing a holster wasnt hard enough...

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

kattzoo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: As if choosing a holster wasnt hard enough...

Post by kattzoo »

I just got a belly band from The Well Armed Woman. My plan was to use it while running, but it's so comfortable. I can wear shorts and a polo shirt and not print at all. It doesn't move, and the band is actually comfortable. Just another option for you.

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wd »

asbandr wrote:Thanks for all of the suggestions! Definitely going to keep researching. It's just hard because it's a whole new thing I'm venturing into and I'm worried I'm going to blow through a ton of money and have a bunch of holsters that won't work for me.
Well, one thing that we haven't seen a whole lot of is letting others know you have something that hasn't worked for you, but might for them - offer to sell it at an appropriate price for someone else to try without breaking the bank. That's how I've wound up with a couple of my holsters, on different forums (primarily the Walther forum where it's perfectly normal).

I think a holster exchange section would be a good way to try some different holsters, and get rid of the ones you don't want from the holster drawer.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Selina Kyle »

n5wd wrote:
asbandr wrote:Thanks for all of the suggestions! Definitely going to keep researching. It's just hard because it's a whole new thing I'm venturing into and I'm worried I'm going to blow through a ton of money and have a bunch of holsters that won't work for me.
Well, one thing that we haven't seen a whole lot of is letting others know you have something that hasn't worked for you, but might for them - offer to sell it at an appropriate price for someone else to try without breaking the bank. That's how I've wound up with a couple of my holsters, on different forums (primarily the Walther forum where it's perfectly normal).

I think a holster exchange section would be a good way to try some different holsters, and get rid of the ones you don't want from the holster drawer.
:iagree: Excellent idea!
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

n5wd wrote: I think a holster exchange section would be a good way to try some different holsters, and get rid of the ones you don't want from the holster drawer.
Wait wait wait!

You mean I don't actually have to KEEP all the holsters I don't use?! Where's the fun in that? :lol:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Topic author
asbandr
Posts in topic: 7

Post by asbandr »

I agree this is a good idea. My hubby and I needed a quick bit of cash so I thought, hm, I've got 2 holsters I don't need... I had a kydex iwb from the well armed woman and a leather iwb I made so I decided to try and sell them to the pawn shop. Guess how much they wanted to give me for each? $1. I know I need cash and I didn't expect much, but $1??? Needless to say I did not take that deal and have both holsters still.
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

chlhouston

Post by chlhouston »

I may be interested in the holsters. How much do you want for them?

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I'm late to the party but for a pretty big selection of holsters to check out Collectors Firearms is one place that usually has a lot.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Kenk

Post by Kenk »

Kenk wrote:I've been using an Alessi APX for my Smith 642 and I'm waiting for another APX for my Sig 938. It is for appendix carry and does NOT require a belt....in fact when I'm wearing a belt, the clip goes under the belt. It's made of very thin leather and the clip is offset so as to minimize the thickness of the package.

BTW, I also got a Remora for the Sig when they had their sale on. I don't really care for it IWB, especially when sitting.

I don't know how it will fit the female shape, but I'm a kinda skinny guy and it works well for me. I'm in Austin and expect to have my new APX within a couple of weeks.

Best of luck.

Ken
I did receive the Alessi APX. I ended up exchanging it for an Alessi Talon Plus. The APX doesn't cover the hammer and safety area, but the Talon does. I like the Talon much better for the SIG.

Also, I purchased a Sticky from a forum member. It is kinda like the Remora, but slightly smaller so it is more comfortable. In addition, the Sticky is "less sticky" inside making the draw and reholster easier.

Ken

Return to “Ladies”