Sore Hands?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sore Hands?

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Shooting more will help. Exercising with one of those small plastic footballs constantly will help build up hand muscles as well. At one time it was difficult for me to cock a Single Action .44 with my left hand and shoot it because it was something my left hand never did. About 3 months of constant manipulation of the plastic football in applying the same motion as cocking the .44 and shooting it every few days is helping me. My left hand is now almost as good as my right and I can empty both .44's a bit more smoothly without drastic delay's in alternating firing. The pain has subsided considerably as well. I will continue using the football until my left hand matches my right.

If nothing else, this may be a good excuse to buy a small plastic football with a pair of matching 44's....
III

Topic author
Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Selina Kyle »

rbwhatever1 wrote:Shooting more will help. Exercising with one of those small plastic footballs constantly will help build up hand muscles as well. At one time it was difficult for me to cock a Single Action .44 with my left hand and shoot it because it was something my left hand never did. About 3 months of constant manipulation of the plastic football in applying the same motion as cocking the .44 and shooting it every few days is helping me. My left hand is now almost as good as my right and I can empty both .44's a bit more smoothly without drastic delay's in alternating firing. The pain has subsided considerably as well. I will continue using the football until my left hand matches my right.

If nothing else, this may be a good excuse to buy a small plastic football with a pair of matching 44's....
This is a good idea!! I think I'll have to invest in one of those footballs. Thanks!!!
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Jilly
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jilly »

Crossfire wrote:If you are shooting for an extended time, you might try wearing a glove on your dominant hand. And, while shooting gloves are OK, BICYCLE gloves are much better, as the palms are very well padded!

I had carpal tunnel surgery a couple of years ago, and was not a candidate for the "no-stitch" kind, so I had stitches in my palm. Shooting was still not comfortable for a while, but the bicycle glove sure made it tolerable. You can find them at Academy, a little cheaper than the bicycle stores.
Thanks for this tip!

Return to “Ladies”