Late pregnancy carry?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

LikesShinyThings
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Late pregnancy carry?

Post by LikesShinyThings »

I'm a little late to the party, but an option that was mentioned earlier but not discussed in great detail was the idea of wearing the pistol basically up under your arm. I got a PistolWear Under Arm holster from The Well Armed Woman (http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/holste ... rm-holster), and I've been quite pleased. I like having a light undershirt under it to ease the "sweaty" feeling that comes from having something tight up against me all day, but it works really well.

It didn't take me long to get used to it. It has enough structure/strength to hold the pistol (doesn't drag your clothes down). It is around the side so the baby bump shouldn't be in the way.

A similar holster that my husband and I have is the Kangaroo Carry (http://kangaroocarry.com/). I don't remember offhand which version we have. The Kangaroo Carry is a little "stiffer" and "rougher". Of the two, I think the PistolWear is a more comfortable holster. (Though I have to admit, I'm still working out how best to draw from it - the pouch has a little "lip" that tends to catch the butt of the gun; I consider that to be "my problem", and still consider the holster overall great.)
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

AmyJo

Post by AmyJo »

Hi, I found my thigh holster really helpful when I was pregnant. I don't know if you would be able to bend that well to the inner thigh, but the company where I got mine can custom make them to be worn on the outside of the thigh as well. So a right hand draw would be worn on the outside of the right thigh, etc. It's called Shooting Tulips. Here's their online store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShootingTulips" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I have the CM9 as well (love it! It's never jammed on me or anything, plus it's a nice size for 9mm). Hope this helps, and good luck!

Topic author
mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mamabearCali »

Thanks do much ladies! I appreciate the help?
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Julie

Post by Julie »

I'm 33 weeks (and have 2 toddlers) and have been purse carrying since my non-pregnancy jeans stopped fitting. It's not a purse designed for concealed carry. I got it at Sam Moon for $20...it fits across my chest and rests on my hip about the same place as my LC9 would be when I carry in my waistband. It's one of those leather purses with the rhinestone cross on the front...no one would ever guess what's in there! I put my gun in the front zippered pocket in a sticky holster pointed straight down. It's just as easy to get to (if not easier) than when I carry in my waistband. I'm not a huge proponent of purse carry (or carrying a purse for anything at all actually...I hate carrying anything!), but it works super well for me...especially pregnant with other kiddos to look after!

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Since it's a short term problem, how about a fanny pack? There are some short comings for sure but in a few weeks you can go back to normal.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Return to “Ladies”