Late pregnancy carry?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 6

Late pregnancy carry?

Post by mamabearCali »

Ladies I am just about to go nuts. I am 26 weeks pregnant (#5) and yet again I cannot find a carry that I can do third trimester. The last two times I pretty much gave up and just carried pepper spray and a pocket knife post 26 weeks. To make things more complicated I have to be cautious about weight dispersal because if my back seizes (which it can and has).

The world gets crazier and crazier and I really don't want to be so defenseless with 4 (5 really) kids depending on me.

I cannot afford to buy a smaller gun. So I am stuck with the kahr cm9 (which I love 99% of the time).

Anyway. Any carry suggestions would be helpful cause at this point I am running out of options fast.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Late pregnancy carry?

Post by DocV »

Mamabearcali, I'm thinking with #5 being on the way you are the resident expert!

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

DocV wrote:Mamabearcali, I'm thinking with #5 being on the way you are the resident expert!
LOL!!!
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

:smilelol5:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

We'll then a belly band works until 26 weeks worn low around your hips...then you are out of luck. I just can't seem to figure it out in late pregnancy. Your body is so sensitive, and so out of whack anyway. :banghead:

I did not carry at all with my first two, then with my last three I have carried belly band style with some retention. But once I hit the third trimester everything hurts and any extra pressure on anything is just unacceptable.

What is awful is that it is in your third trimester that you are most physically vulnerable. Normally if I had to I could move quick and get out of the way of danger. Once the waddle starts, well that is done.

Anyway..if anyone thinks of anything let me know.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

OK, what about a belly band, up high under your bust? maybe under your arm? can you reach? (I wouldn't have been able to after about 32 weeks or so) where it over a tank? so it's not rubbing your tender skin?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I have not tried the belly band that way. Worth a try for sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I was thinking, even if you can't reach across, you could feasibly grab the band and pull it around to get the gun into a position where you can reach it couldn't you?
~Tracy

mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

I was going to try and modify a holster to fit on/in my bra just in front of my left armpit (I'm right handed), so it almost rides in front of my arm but rests on my breast. I think it'll be fairly easily accessible and (pretty much) out of sight. I wonder if this might work for you until you can find a better solution (or have the baby, whichever comes first ;-) ). The Flashbang holsters have something that may work similar to this, I think its called The Betty or The Marilyn......but its that same concept anyway.
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

Topic author
mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I hope that works for you. I have a flash bang like holster, what happens is once I hit about mid 2nd trimester my tummy gets so high that the gun starts rubbing blisters on my stomach.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

The Marilyn might work for ya. It attaches to and fits inside your bra under your left arm (if you're right handed).It's not my favorite/most comfortable method (I usually OWB) but it's what I use when I'm wearing a dress or pants that don't have belt loops. It's pretty easy to get to. The one I have is made for my Colt Mustang (the old style so it's HEAVY) so I bet it would be even better with your Kahr.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Songbird wrote:The Marilyn might work for ya. It attaches to and fits inside your bra under your left arm (if you're right handed).It's not my favorite/most comfortable method (I usually OWB) but it's what I use when I'm wearing a dress or pants that don't have belt loops. It's pretty easy to get to. The one I have is made for my Colt Mustang (the old style so it's HEAVY) so I bet it would be even better with your Kahr.
that's what my husband has, there is no way I could carry that on a daily basis! plus it's recoil hurts! I do practice with it, we feel that we need to be familiar with each other's weapons enough to shoot and reload them in an emergency, and's that about all I can do with his, after shooting his, I'm done for the day.
~Tracy

Topic author
mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I will look at the marylin. Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I am carrying over the baby bump in my husbands belly band (xl) on top of a tank and it seems to be working for the moment. This may work for a while. It does have to be adjusted with each different shirt as every maternity shirt fits slightly different. I am going to try it for a few days (till I have to leave for NY to visit inlaw). Can't carry there....... :banghead: .

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

It's not technically "on-body," but my wife is currently about 35 weeks, and has been carrying in one of those "tactical purse" things for the last few months. I believe both Maxpedition and 5.11 make a version; not sure which brand hers is, but it's green, covered in MOLLE loops, has umpteen billion pockets (including a dedicated "gun pouch"), and both a shoulder-strap and waist-strap.

It's not an ideal solution, but given her belt is a tad snug on her at this point in pregnancy (and no one appears to make "pregnancy pants" with belt loops anyway), it's the best we've come up with so far.

She's piping in to say the "flash-bang" and other bra-mounted holsters are fairly pointless at this point, at least for her. The belly-baby-bump would make anything carried there "print" fairly badly, and her 1911 tends to exert a tad too much "drag" on the clothing articles in question. :biggrinjester:

slug45

Post by slug45 »

http://www.jpcycles.com/motorcycle-clot ... aled-carry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I ran into these options when I was trying to find a carry option for when I was riding my motorcycle. I did not purchase any of these garments and ended up with a shoulder rig under my jacket, but I thought it might be worth a look for you.

Return to “Ladies”