Wife wants training

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
DUST FOOT
Posts in topic: 2

Wife wants training

Post by DUST FOOT »

I am looking for a NRA basic/advanced handgun instructor with a range close to Terrell, TX. I want her to get her CHL but she needs a fair bit of training first with trigger control, grip, and stance. She has a Charter Arms 5 shot .32 H&R mag with crimson trace grip ( 38 spl had to much recoil for her likens ) and she don't like semi autos. She don't do to bad shooting when we get a chance to do so. Would like to find a one on one class during the day on weekdays for her with out having to drive into Dallas. She has shooting glasses, ear muffs, 500 rounds ammo, custom leather holster, gun case, and a true desire to learn to shoot. Thanks for any info ya may have. :tiphat:

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wife wants training

Post by Blindref757 »

It is about an hour drive from Terrell, but you could not do better than this guy! http://www.claytonguntraining.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He is a retired ATF agent and former ATF Academy range instructor. Aside from all of that, he is patient and a really good guy. He is a proponent of women carrying revolvers and my wife really loved his class.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

DUST FOOT, I see it is your first post, so WELCOME!
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
DUST FOOT
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DUST FOOT »

Thank you Blindref757 I will have her try and contact him starting Monday. He sounds like the kind of instructor I am looking for.

And thanks Jumping frog, I have been following this forum for over 2 years trying to keep up with our chances of getting open carry passed. I just don't post on forums much and keep my opinions to myself. But I do hope Mr. Cotton and Alice Tripp still go after open carry, I know the open carry Texas nuts have soured the feeling some but I feel this is our best chance to get it done and after blood don't run in the streets all the hype from the anti gun groups will go away also just like it did in Oklahoma.

Thanks again :txflag:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I can't remember if Crossfire is in the DFW area or in Houston? She might be a good option though?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

SewTexas wrote:I can't remember if Crossfire is in the DFW area or in Houston? She might be a good option though?
Crossfire is in the DFW area and does classes in Fort Worth. http://www.crossfire-training.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Running Arrow Bill

Post by Running Arrow Bill »

Mine wants CHL training too! Need location close to Childress, TX. in SE Texas Panhandle.
Thanks!
Running Arrow Farm, LLC
Wellington, TX. 79095
longhorncattle2013@gmail.ocom
Registered Texas Longhorn Cattle

Return to “Ladies”