Good story about a lady buying a gun

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Good story about a lady buying a gun

Post by joe817 »

Excellent article! Thanks for posting! I need to get my wife to read it!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Good article. I'm always amazed their are groups (and States) that wish to disarm Society in the United States. 2nd Amendment guarantees aside, I wonder if the actions of Daesh makes any of these entities stop and ponder the ability of Humans to perform heinously evil acts. Society in the United States has already started collapsing. We have no checks and balances anymore. Humans pouring accelerant on their own newborn babies and burning them on the side of the road in New Jersey. Humans kidnapping, raping and murdering woman in most States. Humans cutting peoples heads off in Oklahoma. Humans killing all their children in Texas. Society holds a meeting to further community relations in Missouri and a brawl breaks out. Civility is one incident away from disappearing completely from ones safety zone, or perhaps regionally if the right incident comes along.

This country needs a reckoning. The slow methodical continuing collapse of our Society is getting painful to watch but it does have it's advantages. One can continue bulk ammo purchases for those "go to" calibers.

I think a 60 day power outage from coast to coast would get things settled nicely in these United States...
III

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

That's a great article. Thanks Andy!

It's on its way to my sister.
Last edited by C-dub on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Excellent article, now bookmarked for further reference.

My bride has progressed well beyond that point now. The other day she wanted to know why I still "forced" her to load her own magazines, after all, by acing the CHL shooting test every time she obviously knows which end of the gun to point at what, and besides, it hurts her thumbs. This with several models of magazine loading assist tools sitting next to the gun safe.

:coolgleamA:
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Yep, that's an excellent article. Something my wife will be reading shortly, I suspect. :tiphat:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

rbwhatever1 wrote: I think a 60 day power outage from coast to coast would get things settled nicely in these United States...
I really do sympathize with everything you said, but a coast to coast power outage is very very unlikely to happen. East coast or west coast by themselves is much more likely (and in fact NE, and NW have both happened in the past, but not for 60 days). And most of Texas is in the ERCOT region so even if the rest of the country did go down, it wouldn't affect us here because we're basically not connected to the rest of the country. In fact, the NSA chose San Antonio for a data center for that very reason....the rest of the country could be dark and we'd still be up and running.

Even so, it would take a widespread and significant attack on the most vulnerable system nodes, and power would still be restored for most of the country in a matter of hours or days, not weeks (though some areas could remain blacked out for longer and other areas could experience rolling blackouts). All in all it would come down to system limitations due to the loss of some system equipment, which in essence is effectively a shortage of supply, not an absence of supply or delivery. For perspective, Pakistan has a total system demand of about 15 GW (less than 1/4 of the demand in ERCOT alone) and only about 7 GW of generation, so power is rationed, but most everything still runs a little each day.

So, unless the country gets seriously nuked a long-term coast to coast outage isn't going to happen (and if that happens, a power outage will be near the bottom of our problem list).
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Ladies”