Dealing with an overly friendly man

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dealing with an overly friendly man

Post by Ed4032 »

Thanks for the update. We are something of a family here.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

texasgirl wrote:Hi every one. Sorry I have not updated this. My mom was sick so that has kept me busy then Thanksgiving got here and the holiday rush began. I just wanted to update you and thank you for all your input. Since the last incident I've seen this man two times. Once in the grocery store,just as some one suggested I put it used my "B face" looked right at him, didn't say hi or otherwise engage him and kept on moving. He didn't follow me around or attempt to come say hello. About a week later I was turning in to the post office and he was pulling out. He waved and was obviously trying to get my attention. I just looked at him but didn't wave and went about my business. He didn't pull back in (which I half expected) so I'm hoping just not engaging him has shown I'm just not interested in speaking with him and he has moved on. I haven't see him since and that has been a few weeks.
These are positive signs. He may have focused on a new target.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
texasgirl
Posts in topic: 7

Post by texasgirl »

Excaliber wrote:These are positive signs. He may have focused on a new target.
I'm glad he seems to have left me alone but sure hope he has not focused on anyone else.
If you listen to constructive criticism, you will be at home among the wise. Proverbs 15:31

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

texasgirl wrote:
Excaliber wrote:These are positive signs. He may have focused on a new target.
I'm glad he seems to have left me alone but sure hope he has not focused on anyone else.
Call me paranoid.....

I would not be so quick to dismiss the problem/danger as having passed. If the guy now feels "spurned" by your inattention to him, that might cause him to be even more confrontational or push him to a more dangerous level of desire for your attention.

Continued vigilance is appropriate, IMO
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

I would also take the time to go into the local police station and discuss your very real concerns.

Make a copy of the photo for them to keep too.

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasGal »

I believe this guy may be living a whole fantasy with you in his head. Sadly, even small towns have their share of predators. Maybe he's harmless. Maybe he's not. Everyone's advice to you is valuable and right. I would only add one observation; Your posts seem to revolve around watching out for him around town. But I want you to watch out for him at your house. In your back yard. Looking in your windows at night and driving past your home. A family member of a friend recently had the frightening experience of seeing a man's hand wipe the condensation off her bathroom window so he could get a better look at her as she dressed. Her scream scared him away but she has no idea if he will be back or how many times he had been at that window. He was inside her locked privacy fenced back yard. If this guy has spent all this time arranging to see and follow you around town you can bet he has also been interested in where you live, and possibly even what you and your family members drive, and your typical patterns of behavior. With the cameras and technology available today, it's not hard at all to keep an eye on someone. Now that you have telegraphed to him a discomfort with seeing him, he may be a lot more careful to conceal his interest and his presence. He may go away or he may not. Please keep your guard up. If you are home alone, be aware he may know that. Keep your doors locked and keep your firearm and phone on you or literally in reach. Do not go outside at any time without your firearm and your very good situational awareness. Put a lock or door brace on your bedroom door so if he gains entry quietly into your home, he would still need to make noise to enter your bedroom at night while you are sleeping. This is not being paranoid. It's being smart. He has shown you enough creepy behavior to warrant your caution. If he is not really a threat, you have just learned some good habits that will serve you well. If he is a threat, you need to give yourself every possible chance to prevail. This isn't living in fear. This is facing it head on. :thumbs2:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Return to “Ladies”