Stun Gun Questions

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stun Gun Questions

Post by Javier730 »

LSUTiger wrote: I still think pepper spray is marginally effective at best depending on the attackers mindset and tolerance for pain, it's also easily defeated with any kind of cheap protective eyewear.

The same goes for the effectiveness of stun guns, if closing the gap is my best option then I want a lethal option and a knife is the best non gun legal to carry no permit required option for me.
I agree with pepper spray and stun guns will be marginally effective. You can find kids on YouTube messing with them and having "fun". They were not huge bikers determined to hurt someone.

I don't care how big and tough you are, if you get a blade through certain parts of your forearm or bicep, your arm can be rendered useless. If you get a blade through a major artery, major blood loss will occur and that will stop anyone. You got to be the same distance from an attacker to hit him with a stun gun than you would if you used a knife. The tasers the police use are pretty effective but they may not penetrate leather and you said your stalkers are bikers so I will assume they they wear some sort of leather vest or jacket.

The sooner you can carry a pistol, the better.

Topic author
sweetmelissa
Posts in topic: 8

Post by sweetmelissa »

Taypo - yes I do. The police are not helpful at all, they say things like "stay away from him". Now, if I live in Arlington and work in Arlington and I don't leave Arlington and he lives in Burleson and works in South FW - AND he consistantly bothers me at my home in Arlington and my job in Arlington - then WHO needs to stay away from WHOM?!! Also, I think the police are afraid of dealing with any bikers.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Taypo »

sweetmelissa wrote:Taypo - yes I do. The police are not helpful at all, they say things like "stay away from him". Now, if I live in Arlington and work in Arlington and I don't leave Arlington and he lives in Burleson and works in South FW - AND he consistantly bothers me at my home in Arlington and my job in Arlington - then WHO needs to stay away from WHOM?!! Also, I think the police are afraid of dealing with any bikers.
I figured as much. Sorry they're not bothering to enforce the laws, but I'm not surprised.

Topic author
sweetmelissa
Posts in topic: 8

Post by sweetmelissa »

Taypo wrote:I figured as much. Sorry they're not bothering to enforce the laws, but I'm not surprised.

The police don't/won't take this kind of thing seriously, even the women don't seem to care. This is also why so many women end up dead at the hands of their exes. He attacked me 3 times and caused expensive damage to my car twice before I was even allowed an order of protection, and then on the day he was served he attacked me again at work. It was my understanding that he would be arrested for violating the order, but no - they went down to Burleson and "talked to him". The very next day all the lug nuts on all of my tires were removed while my car was in the parking lot of my apartment. He said he didn't do it, but had all the lug nuts in the cup holder of his truck. Again, he obviously violated the order and they did nothing. It's frustrating, and it's futile. This is why I bought the gun and took the CHL classes.

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stroo »

To answer your original question, as best as I can determine, it is legal to own and carry a stun gun for self defense purposes in Texas.

If I were you, I would get a Taser rather than a stun gun because you have some stand off ability with a Taser whereas with a stun gun you have to be in contact distance. Given what you have said about your husband, you may find the stun gun being used against you.

As another poster said, continue to call the police everytime something happens. They may not do anything but you are laying a paper trail that would be really helpful if you ever have to shoot him or knife him to protect yourself.

Return to “Ladies”