Neighbor Lady has a New LTC

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
SIGFan43
Posts in topic: 5

Neighbor Lady has a New LTC

Post by SIGFan43 »

I was walking with a lady friend up her driveway when I saw a car I knew, driven by a neighbor I barely spoke with. She had stopped, and was yelling something at me. My friend and I turned around and walked to her car, which had stopped in the street at the senior apartment community where we live. She said, "Look at my rear side window glass." I could barely see the decal on her window, because she had put it on backwards behind a dark tinted window. It was a pro-gun decal of some kind. I said, "What's that all about?" I had figured her for an anti-gun type prior to this, because she told me when we first met that she was afraid of guns. She told me she just got her first license to carry, and was excited about it. I asked her if she had her gun with her, and she said that she did, but couldn't decide how to carry it. I told her I had several ideas for her to consider. She stuck her hand out the window, and I shook her hand, telling her I was proud of her. Add one more lady to my friend list. I love women who carry guns!
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Neighbor Lady has a New LTC

Post by RoyGBiv »

XDFan43 wrote: I love women who carry guns!
+1 ;-)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

Good for her! :tiphat:
In my opinion, I would remove the sticker. No need to advertise about guns if someone is searching for a car to break into.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

cool!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

PatrickMas20

Post by PatrickMas20 »

Nice!! :hurry:

Topic author
SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

Dan20703 wrote:Good for her! :tiphat:

In my opinion, I would remove the sticker. No need to advertise about guns if someone is searching for a car to break into.
That was my first reaction, too, but I thought I would wait for our next conversation to mention that to her. The way the decal was placed made it almost invisible to a passerby, though. Car stickers, bumper stickers, and decals can cause grief in more ways than one. When Ronald Reagan was running for President, I had a Reagan-Bush bumper sticker on my truck, and when I came out of the grocery store, someone had splashed a strawberry milkshake all over it.
SIGFan43

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

I almost put the NRA and TSRA stickers on my car, then thought about the same thing you are saying. Although I'd like to show my support for pro 2nd amendment organizations I belong to, criminal behavior dictates that I not make my car an identified target.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

XDFan43 wrote:When Ronald Reagan was running for President, I had a Reagan-Bush bumper sticker on my truck, and when I came out of the grocery store, someone had splashed a strawberry milkshake all over it.
Liberals never grow up and put childish behavior behind them....
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

bblhd672 wrote:
I almost put the NRA and TSRA stickers on my car, then thought about the same thing you are saying. Although I'd like to show my support for pro 2nd amendment organizations I belong to, criminal behavior dictates that I not make my car an identified target.
Unless the sticker is shaped like a gun, I would be surprised if most criminals knew what TSRA stands for. The NRA is more well know.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

MechAg94 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Unless the sticker is shaped like a gun, I would be surprised if most criminals knew what TSRA stands for. The NRA is more well know.
Attachments
CoStorePic.jpg

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

There is a widow lady that lives near me. I have taken my tractor over there and mowed the few acres she has several times, without charging her anything. That's just how I was taught by my Daddy. Anyway, we were sitting on her back porch talking after I finished mowing last time, and she mentioned that she had gotten her LTC! I congratulated her with a high five, which she smiled and returned.

Your story, and mine, are not the first I have heard of widow ladies getting on up in years getting an LTC as of late. Do you think this might be a new trend?
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

Lynyrd wrote:There is a widow lady that lives near me. I have taken my tractor over there and mowed the few acres she has several times, without charging her anything. That's just how I was taught by my Daddy. Anyway, we were sitting on her back porch talking after I finished mowing last time, and she mentioned that she had gotten her LTC! I congratulated her with a high five, which she smiled and returned.

Your story, and mine, are not the first I have heard of widow ladies getting on up in years getting an LTC as of late. Do you think this might be a new trend?
It's going to be a trend if I have anything to say about it. Ladies need to be able to defend themselves, especially if they don't have me hanging around all the time. Ha-ha! By the way, I'm 72, and the lady I mentioned at the beginning of this post (the friend I was walking with) is 85. The neighbor lady with the new LTC looks about 55-60 at the most.
SIGFan43

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

bblhd672 wrote:
XDFan43 wrote:When Ronald Reagan was running for President, I had a Reagan-Bush bumper sticker on my truck, and when I came out of the grocery store, someone had splashed a strawberry milkshake all over it.
Liberals never grow up and put childish behavior behind them....
And only a liberal would waste a perfectly good strawberry milkshake like that!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

XDFan43 wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:There is a widow lady that lives near me. I have taken my tractor over there and mowed the few acres she has several times, without charging her anything. That's just how I was taught by my Daddy. Anyway, we were sitting on her back porch talking after I finished mowing last time, and she mentioned that she had gotten her LTC! I congratulated her with a high five, which she smiled and returned.

It's going to be a trend if I have anything to say about it. Ladies need to be able to defend themselves, especially if they don't have me hanging around all the time. Ha-ha! By the way, I'm 72, and the lady I mentioned at the beginning of this post (the friend I was walking with) is 85. The neighbor lady with the new LTC looks about 55-60 at the most.

:iagree:

Women are the fastest growing demographic for LTC. I have recommended to all of my female friends that they should get their license, women are targeted by criminals more often than men because they are viewed as less likely to be able to fight back. (I don't share that opinion)
I think that most women still see shooting and the carrying of guns, a man's domain, but those attitudes are changing and I think it's great and encourage women every chance I get.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Ladies”