Neighbor Lady has a New LTC

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
SIGFan43
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Neighbor Lady has a New LTC

Post by SIGFan43 »

Back in the late 1980s, I trained 2-3 women at work to shoot a handgun. After letting them try different handguns, they mostly settled on a snub-nose 38 special, which I helped them locate and buy. All of these women had never even held a handgun before, and every one of them eventually became crack shots at 3 to 7 yards and could hit a paper plate every time. Women I've known are naturally good at learning to shoot well. Never underestimate a woman with a handgun.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Topic author
SIGFan43
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SIGFan43 »

It's funny, but women can learn to shoot well a lot quicker than some men, and they pick up the lingo, too. When I asked my newbie LTC neighbor lady whether her new Glock was a single-stack or double column magazine, she immediately said "single stack." I was impressed.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

XDFan43 wrote:It's funny, but women can learn to shoot well a lot quicker than some men, and they pick up the lingo, too. When I asked my newbie LTC neighbor lady whether her new Glock was a single-stack or double column magazine, she immediately said "single stack." I was impressed.

I have found that women don't come into shooting with the same attitude as men probably because we want to believe we already know all there is to know, therefore we are hesitant to ask questions, and think we don't need instruction. (Guilty as charged)
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

XDFan43 wrote:Back in the late 1980s, I trained 2-3 women at work to shoot a handgun. After letting them try different handguns, they mostly settled on a snub-nose 38 special, which I helped them locate and buy. All of these women had never even held a handgun before, and every one of them eventually became crack shots at 3 to 7 yards and could hit a paper plate every time. Women I've known are naturally good at learning to shoot well. Never underestimate a woman with a handgun.
My mom could shoot the daylights out of my dad's snub nose .38 special and better than several of his police friends way back then. I do not like that gun. It hurts to shoot, but not as bad as the .44 magnum Redhawk. Well, actually I suppose the Redhawk is easier for the first 6-8 rounds and then about the 10th starts to be punishing.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

techenigma
Posts in topic: 1

Post by techenigma »

Reminds me when I took the girlfriend out shooting for her first time. Had to her my 10mm and she did it like a champ. Was weird because she's a small thing too. I wouldn't put her through a PT course though

Return to “Ladies”