Concealed Carry: A Woman's Perspective

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Concealed Carry: A Woman's Perspective

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Mike S

Re: Concealed Carry: A Woman's Perspective

Post by Mike S »

Nice article, will definitely be sharing the link.

LosAlce
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LosAlce »

Because of my curves I've found that appendix is actually really comfortable for me. I do a lot of work outdoors so I end up having loser fitting shirts and it works out really well for me.

Really good article and she hits the nail on the head with the blatant sexism in gunshops sometimes. I can't tell you how many times I have to tell people working the counter that I'm very sure I don't want to look at the pink/purple/tiff blue version of whatever pistol I asked for. They usually get the message after I ask to see their AKs (I'm looking at getting one) and give it a good inspection.

Then we have a grand time talking about guns :thumbs2:
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

LosAlce wrote:Because of my curves I've found that appendix is actually really comfortable for me. I do a lot of work outdoors so I end up having loser fitting shirts and it works out really well for me.

Really good article and she hits the nail on the head with the blatant sexism in gunshops sometimes. I can't tell you how many times I have to tell people working the counter that I'm very sure I don't want to look at the pink/purple/tiff blue version of whatever pistol I asked for. They usually get the message after I ask to see their AKs (I'm looking at getting one) and give it a good inspection.

I think things like that help contribute to women staying away from shooting, not only the attitude of male salespeople, but the misinformation they try to pass off as expert opinions to women, regarding the type, caliber, and size of guns they "need" to consider. I have stepped in several times in between sales people, and even sometimes family members, when they try to push women towards guns they think the woman can "handle"
It galls me that if they manage to get the woman to go along with them, then the woman doesn't like the gun, and loses all interest in shooting, because she took an "expert's " advice, and the gun was not pleasant to shoot, etc.

Also, since men and women are different, the issues regarding carry will also differ, and I would never try to advise a woman on what she needs, in that regard. I have recommended this forum to several women, because there are other women here to offer the female perspective on these issues.
Keep up the great work, your thoughts and experiences are invaluable to other women, who may not be able to find the real story anywhere else.

:tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

LosAlce
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LosAlce »

Jusme wrote:
LosAlce wrote:Because of my curves I've found that appendix is actually really comfortable for me. I do a lot of work outdoors so I end up having loser fitting shirts and it works out really well for me.

I think things like that help contribute to women staying away from shooting, not only the attitude of male salespeople, but the misinformation they try to pass off as expert opinions to women, regarding the type, caliber, and size of guns they "need" to consider. I have stepped in several times in between sales people, and even sometimes family members, when they try to push women towards guns they think the woman can "handle"
It galls me that if they manage to get the woman to go along with them, then the woman doesn't like the gun, and loses all interest in shooting, because she took an "expert's " advice, and the gun was not pleasant to shoot, etc.

Also, since men and women are different, the issues regarding carry will also differ, and I would never try to advise a woman on what she needs, in that regard. I have recommended this forum to several women, because there are other women here to offer the female perspective on these issues.
Keep up the great work, your thoughts and experiences are invaluable to other women, who may not be able to find the real story anywhere else.

:tiphat:
Your comments are much appreciated but your attitude is appreciated even more! I do have the advantage of being able to talk to other women especially when the husband/boyfriend is busy chatting. Several times I've offered what worked for me but stressed that they'll have to figure out what it is they're looking for for themselves. I stress practicing and that recoil is not as bad as people may make it seem. Ultimately, they'll figure it out.

:txflag:
LTC since: 4/26/2016
Carrying: Sig P938 :rock"

Return to “Ladies”