Leggings w. integrated holster

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 3

Leggings w. integrated holster

Post by RHenriksen »

https://www.undertechundercover.com/col ... 4588829958

My girlfriend has several pairs (different variations) of these, and is quite enthusiastic about them. The specific model linked above has pockets - she's going to try leaving her purse at home for errands, after watching a couple of recent purse snatching videos. If you really pare down what you need for a grocery store run (DL, LTC, VISA, car key/house key, pistol...) it just might be feasible! :tiphat: One disclaimer: the holstering process for these leggings *does* require care & focus, to do safely.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/woman ... cery-store

http://www.click2houston.com/news/purse ... cery-store

I've actually succeeded in getting her to do combat parking pretty much everywhere; I dislike parking lots w. the angled spaces (shown in the videos above), as it's difficult to back into a space without a lot of gyrations.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Leggings w. integrated holster

Post by Jusme »

I seriously doubt there is anyone ready to see me wearing these. :smilelol5:

But, I will show them to my wife. The only issue I see is the price. I haven't price regular leggings, but $109.00 seems a little steep. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I can't wear red. :smilelol5:

On a more serious note, I was under the belief that you can't use deadly force on a purse snatcher unless he threatens you or gets into a scuffle with you.

Am I correct about the use of force?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

OneGun wrote:I can't wear red. :smilelol5:

On a more serious note, I was under the belief that you can't use deadly force on a purse snatcher unless he threatens you or gets into a scuffle with you.

Am I correct about the use of force?
Don't know anyone who wears stilettos with their leggings, either!

There is nothing codified in the Texas penal code that differentiates the rules on deadly force during a purse snatching as compared to any other event. Da Rulz are Da Rulz: you have to have reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury to use deadly force, or threat of deadly force. Well, and then there is the language about protection of property (but only at night).

If I am maintaining good situational awareness, and I see a beat-up car with mismatched wheels, dark window tint, and paper plates roll up next to my car & stop as I'm loading groceries, they get my full attention (perhaps with one hand under my shirt tail, over my right hip) until they decide to move along.

Self defense is not all about pulling the trigger and putting holes in people.

My situational awareness was low one night, on a dark street. I was putting possessions into my trunk when I heard a man begin the panhandler patter, hitting me up for money - and was only 15' away and closing the distance. I spun around and instantly said, 'No'. He ignored that and continued his patter & slowly closing the distance. 0.5 second later I repeated my 'NO!' in an even less friendly tone - and then noticed that my right hand, completely on its own, had moved under my shirttail and onto the grip of my pistol. At the same time I was bemusedly processing this autonomous action of my hand's, HE noticed. He froze, his eyes got REALLY big, he put both hands up in front of him, and he said, '..... ok.....' and just... went away.

I'll never know whether he was going to try and mug me, or just badger me for money. But I didn't have time and distance to perform any more testing than his ignoring my first 'no' and continue to advance to put me into condition orange.

There wouldn't have been time to dig for the pistol in my purse (assuming I was female, and carried a purse!) or move from the rear bumper to go digging in the glovebox, center console, yada yada. When you need a gun, you more often than not need it RIGHT NOW.

Topic author
RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Jusme wrote:I seriously doubt there is anyone ready to see me wearing these. :smilelol5:

But, I will show them to my wife. The only issue I see is the price. I haven't price regular leggings, but $109.00 seems a little steep. JMHO
To put the price into some perspective, a good belt & holster will set you back more than $109 (I know, you can move the belt & holster around between different pants). Lululemon leggings (which are catnip for women, if you didn't already know that!) can run $130 or more - and they don't even come w. a holster, sheesh! Tell your wife that my gf works for Lululemon, is as addicted to LLL's leggings as any woman, and is very impressed with the comfort and quality of these holster leggings.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Well I'll be. Those carry the definition of concealed to a whole new level.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I actually made myself a couple of pairs of shorties to wear under dresses and skirts, then a couple of corsets to wear with my leggings, I'm addicted to LulaRoe (the other leggings). For less than $100 I got the pockets where I wanted them....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

Situational awareness. Could have been in fear of life or severe bodily injury with the thrashing she took (first video). Belly Band with any/all leggings would likely be ultimately more cost effective.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Return to “Ladies”