Best Taser options for a woman

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Best Taser options for a woman

Post by parabelum »

My wife is looking for something that is small and highly concealable and effective in incapacitating a threat while she is at her business, in skinny jeans, working. Her G43 is nice and fits the bill for most occasions except at her business while she's constantly moving around...in skinny jeans.

I was thinking of a taser. Now, that little 3 million volt lipstick one is nice but a big downside and a deal breaker is that you must apply direct contact with the perp. But, for $15, its hard to beat...

Taser pulse is nice and that's the one she likes the most but darn, $399.... :shock:

So, what ideas or options would you suggest, especially ladies?

When g43 is "too big" and "too heavy", I'm lost :headscratch

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Best Taser options for a woman

Post by WTR »

What is 399.00 for your lady?

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I know...I know...but she's also wanting one for the office to stay there, and one to carry. And she wants to stay in the "no more then $150 budget".

I suggested taser pulse and she likes it but she's not on board with $399.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Good luck pleasing her.

jkurtz
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jkurtz »

I have been considering the Taser Pulse for me and my girlfriend. We both spend a considerable amount of time in 30.06 posted hospitals for school/ work. I know they are pricey, but I think your chances of finding something that is as effective at a lower cost is going to be next to impossible. The Pulse delivers 50,000 volts at 7 watts which (as far as I know) is the same as the X26C, except with the Pulse you're going for a 30 second ride. Taser also sates that they will replace it if you use it in a self defense scenario and end up leaving it at the scene. You can purchase them on Amazon for about $350 with two cartridges.

I don't think any of the contact devices will truly be incapacitating. Rather, they will act more like a pain compliance. I rather spend $350-$400 on something that will work than $150 on a novelty item.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

why not get her a Curve? it will work probably work in skinny jeans. or get her a corset holster, I can wear that with leggings...
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I already see where this is going...G43 may end up on the sale table. Taser pulse does appear to be the best choice thus far.

SawTexas,

I'm not familiar with Curve. Who's the manufacturer?

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

parabelum wrote:I already see where this is going...G43 may end up on the sale table. Taser pulse does appear to be the best choice thus far.

SawTexas,

http://www.taurususa.com/whats-new-the-curve.cfm
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Flightmare wrote:
parabelum wrote:I already see where this is going...G43 may end up on the sale table. Taser pulse does appear to be the best choice thus far.

SawTexas,

http://www.taurususa.com/whats-new-the-curve.cfm
^thanks

I really like mine. It's slim, lightweight, no more recoil than most small guns, maybe a little less?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Thanks!

I will check out Curve, 10 ounces is very light. Taser pulse actually appears bigger.

I will talk to the CEO, I'm just the CFO ;-)

Return to “Ladies”