How to report improper §30.06 signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 12

Re: How to report improper §30.06 signs

Post by ELB »

Mr. Cotton,

In your first post, you mention that there will be some forms on the TFC website to aid in addressing signs wrongfully posted by gubbmint entities. I don't see them there yet, will they be ready to go tomorrow? Hunting season is almost here.... ;-)
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

I just re-read SB 273, and realized I had forgotten that it also clarifies and narrows the restriction on carry at meetings of governmental entities:

(Note: [brackets] means text struck out, underline means text added.)
Section 46.035
(c) A license holder commits an offense if the license
holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun
under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, in the room or rooms
where a
[at any] meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the
meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Government Code,
and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter.
As long as such a restriction exists, it is nice to see this change. :thumbs2:
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I have created a new thread with links to four forms. One is a notice letter, another is an affidavit, one is a complaint letter to the AG and the fourth is actually a TFC form for me to track complaints. They can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79315. That thread is locked to make it easy for people to find the form/links. Any questions or comments about the forms can be put in this thread.

Chas.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Mr. Cotton,

Thanks for putting these up!

However, I went to the Forms Tab on the TFC website, and the "30.06 Affidavit" and the "Notice of 411.209 Violation" both open the same document, the "Notice" letter to the offending agency. (Actually, I think the 30.06 and the 411.209 lines are combined into one link).

If I am understanding your directions correctly, the affidavit is a separate document from the Notice and the Formal Complaint.

Thanks for providing the tools.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

ELB wrote:Mr. Cotton,

Thanks for putting these up!

However, I went to the Forms Tab on the TFC website, and the "30.06 Affidavit" and the "Notice of 411.209 Violation" both open the same document, the "Notice" letter to the offending agency. (Actually, I think the 30.06 and the 411.209 lines are combined into one link).

If I am understanding your directions correctly, the affidavit is a separate document from the Notice and the Formal Complaint.

Thanks for providing the tools.
Thanks, it's fixed.

Chas.

jsenner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jsenner »

Both of the links are to the same file for me. I looked at the page source and both lines are the same link:

<a href="/images/30.06_Affidavit.docx">30.06 Affidavit<br />Notice of 411.209 Violation</a>

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

The links are fixed -- FINALLY!!

Chas.

jamminbutter
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jamminbutter »

Should anyone in the Alliance or surrounding area need a notary for the form, PM me and I will gladly provide Public Notary services at no charge.
Last edited by jamminbutter on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ELB

Post by ELB »

jamminbutter wrote:Should anyone in the Alliance or surrounding area need a notary for the form PM me and I will gladly provide Public Notary services at no charge.
Nice! :txflag:
USAF 1982-2005

stash
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stash »

I caught a piece of TV news coverage (Austin) last night (8/31/15) that a gun shop owner will file a complaint with the AG.s office today re a no gun sign (I assume a 30.06) at Austin city hall. I have seen this gun shop owner on TV news on several occasions in the past and this man is very knowledge re gun matters, speaks in a calm manner and always explained his position re gun matters in a very articulate manner. I am not sure but I think he is also CHL instructor.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

mojo84
Posts in topic: 13

Post by mojo84 »

Stash, he needs to notify the City of Austin firsthand give them the time to rectify the situation before complaining to the AG.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Glockster
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Glockster »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I have created a new thread with links to four forms. One is a notice letter, another is an affidavit, one is a complaint letter to the AG and the fourth is actually a TFC form for me to track complaints. They can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=79315. That thread is locked to make it easy for people to find the form/links. Any questions or comments about the forms can be put in this thread.

Chas.
Thanks for putting all this together as it will certainly be useful!

I would like to offer a suggestion - that you add an additional post there in your new thread to include those members who are notaries (and their locations) and willing to help the cause in getting documents notarized. As I myself am a notary I will (as someone else has already also done so) notarize those forms in The Woodlands for anyone here on this forum at no charge.

Disclaimer so that nobody gets confused by this - I am NOT in the notary "business" but rather I am a member here who just happens to be a notary.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

stash
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stash »

mojo - Must have misunderstood what they said. Must have been file complaint with city today, wait 15 days and if nothing happens file complaint with Ag.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

mojo84
Posts in topic: 13

Post by mojo84 »

No biggie. Just thought I would mention it for clarification purposes. Hope he is on it first thing this morning. I'll be going to town after while and will be doing some recognizance of my own. ;-)
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

If the law is in effect now, wasn't/isn't it incumbent upon them to have rectified the sign situation beforehand?

Why should they be granted another 15 days, knowing full well the law would in effect now?

Or, do I misunderstand?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”