Voting with LTC as ID?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Voting with LTC as ID?

Post by Oldgringo »

DocV wrote:Has anyone attempted to use their LTC as an ID for early voting? I did but was told that I had to use my driver's license. I know the LTC is listed as acceptable photo ID but was not going to edumacate the voting clerk.
We voted at about 0830 on the first day. I used my LTC for ID because it came out of my wallet first.

nimravus01

Post by nimravus01 »

The back of my voter registration says this:
A voter must show one of the following forms of photo ID before the voter may be accepted for voting in person: driver's license, election ID certificate, personal ID card, or handgun license issued by the TX Department of Public Safety; U.S. Military ID card that contains the person's photograph; U.S. citizenship certificate that contains the person's photograph; or a U.S. passport.
Emphasis added.

doncb

Post by doncb »

Used mine this morning with no problems at all. :thumbs2:
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

My wife and I just got back home after voting. I handed my CHL to the young man who was checking the list (printout) and he never batted an eye or said a word. Neither did the older lady that filled out the form we had to sign.

I wasn't surprised. It's not the first time I've used my CHL to vote in my little town. :mrgreen:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

glazer1972

Post by glazer1972 »

I handed her my chl and she didn't bat an eye.

ldj1002

Post by ldj1002 »

I don't understand what the big deal is if the clerk wants another type of ID. Actually if you don't have a ID and you can still vote if you sign something. I don't remember the details now and don't have time to look them up. So if they won't take your LTC just tell them you want to vote under the law of voting with no photo ID.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”