Will you renew your CHL?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Nano
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Will you renew your CHL?

Post by Nano »

My wife and I renewed earlier this year and will continue to renew. We are proud of our Texas LTC.
NRA Member

striker55
Posts in topic: 2

Post by striker55 »

Got my renewal letter, did the online renewal on Monday 3/14. Doesn't expire till my birthday in September, too soon?

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

striker55 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:43 pm Got my renewal letter, did the online renewal on Monday 3/14. Doesn't expire till my birthday in September, too soon?
Not too soon. They add the years on to the end of the current expiration. You don't lose any time... Just a convenient window for early renewal.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:31 pm
striker55 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:43 pm Got my renewal letter, did the online renewal on Monday 3/14. Doesn't expire till my birthday in September, too soon?
Not too soon. They add the years on to the end of the current expiration. You don't lose any time... Just a convenient window for early renewal.
Yea, mine expired in June, got my renewal letter in January and 2 weeks later got the new one in the mail. Got 6 free months.

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

Yes because I get delays on my name, UPIN does not work nor does an SSN. I even got a denial once then had to get an FBI letter, ridiculous. I have 5 Class III Stamps and still get delays a lot. I won't buy from a dealer that calls it in anymore. The FBI letter I took back to the dealer and showed him, he said great we can release the sale and I told him nope. Should not have run it in the first place with an LTC.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Renewed. I received the plastic within 30 days of filing all the documents.

I'm also looking forward to getting the National Park pass for veterans soon since we have another trip planned for the fall on the Wing.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

rm9792 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:29 pm Yes because I get delays on my name, UPIN does not work nor does an SSN. I even got a denial once then had to get an FBI letter, ridiculous. I have 5 Class III Stamps and still get delays a lot. I won't buy from a dealer that calls it in anymore. The FBI letter I took back to the dealer and showed him, he said great we can release the sale and I told him nope. Should not have run it in the first place with an LTC.
Back in 1996, before I had my CHL, I went through a period of about a year where I would get delayed. It happened four or five times. I could not figure out the problem. I was at a Gun Shop in Rockwall and the guy looked at what I put on the application and what was on my license before running it. He hands it back and says, you left off Jr. at the end of your name. I put it on the application and poof! Instant approval. They were delaying me because I was not putting Jr. at the end of my name! You might be surprised what weird things can get you delayed.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Mine expires this coming October on my birthday. Yes, I’ll renew. I realize I don’t need to with Constitutional Carry, but for me, the benefits of doing so outweigh the benefits of not doing so…for me. To each his own.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Of course I will renew my LTC! It gives me privileges far and beyond constitutional carry!
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”