Juiceland in Lakeway TX: I don’t think so

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
eddieconcarne
Posts in topic: 5

Juiceland in Lakeway TX: I don’t think so

Post by eddieconcarne »

Saw this on the door at the Juiceland in Lakeway. Doesn’t look like a 30.05 to me. I don’t usually open carry but I think I’ll be making a visit soon.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Juiceland in Lakeway TX: I don’t think so

Post by carlson1 »

If you don’t normally carry open and they have a sign (not legal) what is the point in poking the bear? You may push them to put a legal sign including a 30.06.

Topic author
eddieconcarne

Post by eddieconcarne »

I don’t think they’ll take up their limited window space for the legally required sign. But if they do, I’d rather they have a bigger advertisement that they a) don’t want certain customers and b) are a soft target.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

That will be great. That way those who conceal carry will be kept out. Great strategy.

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Greybeard »

If you go looking for trouble, you can find it. Not impressed with attitude.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

eddieconcarne wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:03 am I don’t think they’ll take up their limited window space for the legally required sign. But if they do, I’d rather they have a bigger advertisement that they a) don’t want certain customers and b) are a soft target.
That doesn't make sense to me. If they decide post 30.06 and 30.07 and do further research to prohibit permit-less carry they will be an even softer target. Will you be visiting them for your juice if that happens? Is so you would be a victim just like them for some hijacker.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
eddieconcarne

Post by eddieconcarne »

carlson1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:23 am That will be great. That way those who conceal carry will be kept out. Great strategy.
And then their business will suffer more. The Whole Foods in Lakeway put up 30.05/06 signs last year in October/November. Last month I noticed they were taken down and I asked the manager why and he said "we had an avalanche of complaints." Personally, I'd like JuiceLand to get an avalanche of complaints and possibly change their policy, too.

Topic author
eddieconcarne

Post by eddieconcarne »

puma guy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:32 am
eddieconcarne wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:03 am I don’t think they’ll take up their limited window space for the legally required sign. But if they do, I’d rather they have a bigger advertisement that they a) don’t want certain customers and b) are a soft target.
That doesn't make sense to me. If they decide post 30.06 and 30.07 and do further research to prohibit permit-less carry they will be an even softer target. Will you be visiting them for your juice if that happens? Is so you would be a victim just like them for some hijacker.
They will be softer target, I won't be.

Topic author
eddieconcarne

Post by eddieconcarne »

Greybeard wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:23 am If you go looking for trouble, you can find it. Not impressed with attitude.
I'm not looking for trouble. I'm looking for this local business to either follow the law or change their policy. I don't see why they should get to skirt the requirements and not hear about it. IMO, if we allow businesses to restrict legal carry with illegal signage, we are part of the problem and eventually the problem will get worse. You'll see more businesses post signs that are too small and/or improper and I don't think that's a positive trend.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

eddieconcarne wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:53 pm
Greybeard wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:23 am If you go looking for trouble, you can find it. Not impressed with attitude.
I'm not looking for trouble. I'm looking for this local business to either follow the law or change their policy. I don't see why they should get to skirt the requirements and not hear about it. IMO, if we allow businesses to restrict legal carry with illegal signage, we are part of the problem and eventually the problem will get worse. You'll see more businesses post signs that are too small and/or improper and I don't think that's a positive trend.
Their sign is meaningless. Let us know how it works out after you confront them.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmorris »

puma guy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:00 pm
eddieconcarne wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:53 pm
Their sign is meaningless. Let us know how it works out after you confront them.
Absolutely this. Right now they have a sign that has no merit, doesn't restrict carry, and is unenforceable. Maybe forcing them to go to compliant signs will result in a rash of complaints that gets them to change their minds but I think that's rare. The urology center I go to has had many complaints about their signs and the response is always they are staying.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Forget about them posting the correct signs. If they give a verbal notice, that's all that's required.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

OP Quote: "I don’t usually open carry but I think I’ll be making a visit soon."

While their signage is not necessarily compliant, it is certainly not "illegal". That signage appears to be a convenient way of politely informing people up front of various behaviors they don't want in their place of business. It also tells me they don't have a problem with what you indicated you normally do anyway. As stated previously, if you go looking for trouble, you can find it. Their sandbox, their rules. If you don't like it, simply take your money and confrontational (or attention-seeking) attitude somewhere else.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

:iagree:

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Under current theory, sign would be enforceable for (open) permitless carry, and would result in verbal notification for LTC. Concealed is concealed.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”