Employer verbal notification

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
wo5m
Posts in topic: 1

Employer verbal notification

Post by wo5m »

From one of my previous questions some of you know I recently got a new job. Let say my old employer gave me a verbal notification against packing at work. Would that notice still count if I were visiting the facility as a guess long after my employment ceased?

Randy(wo5m)

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: Employer verbal notification

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

wo5m wrote:From one of my previous questions some of you know I recently got a new job. Let say my old employer gave me a verbal notification against packing at work. Would that notice still count if I were visiting the facility as a guess long after my employment ceased?

Randy(wo5m)
Yes, if he said "no guns on company property." If he only said, "employees can't carry guns," then probably not.

Chas.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

I have very selective hearing. Having been burned once or twice years ago by bosses who denied knowing anything unless it was in writing, I've adopted the same outlook for things they tell me: if it's not in writing, it doesn't exist, and if you don't have my signature on a receipt, I never got it.

Kevin

HankB

Post by HankB »

KBCraig wrote:I have very selective hearing. Having been burned once or twice years ago by bosses who denied knowing anything unless it was in writing, I've adopted the same outlook for things they tell me: if it's not in writing, it doesn't exist, and if you don't have my signature on a receipt, I never got it.
:iagree:
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

casselthief
Banned

Post by casselthief »

I completely understand where Kevin is coming from, but I wouldn't want to push it!
I'd also check to see if they have a company policy. if so, maybe not risk it.
on the other hand, as a visitor, you're only obligated by the ole 30.06, and if it's concealed, they'll never know. but seriously, I wouldn't wanna push it!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

If it were me...

I probably wouldn't go back for just a visit...

If I had co-workers that I wanted to keep in touch with, there would be better options to explore rather than go back to the old office for that...

But like Charles said, you have been given sufficient notice that guns are verbotten...

I wouldn't let it be a big deal, just lock it up in your vehicle, and in many peoples opinion you'd be fine...Even in their parking lot...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

If you want to hook up with your ex-coworkers, take them to lunch at a Taco Cabana then you can carry and ignore the non-compliant 30.06 signs. :grin:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

anygunanywhere wrote:If you want to hook up with your ex-coworkers, take them to lunch at a Taco Cabana then you can carry and ignore the non-compliant 30.06 signs. :grin:
Just don't laugh TOO hard at their sign!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

bigcarl64

Post by bigcarl64 »

It's odd you mention Taco Cabana, since last year a couple was carjacked and murdered at our local Taco Cabana.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I've made it a point NOT to ask my employer about my gun in my vehicle. If he doesn't know I have it, then I haven't received verbal notice.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”