YOU SHOULD CARRY A POCKET GUN !!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Lucky
Posts in topic: 1

Re: YOU SHOULD CARRY A POCKET GUN !!

Post by Lucky »

Even if you have small pockets you should be able to hide something like this. Image

Topic author
chuck j
Posts in topic: 14

Post by chuck j »

Looks like you got you a Companion !

kde71450

Post by kde71450 »

If I was to buy a pocket gun , I think i would like the Walther PPK only because of it's COOL FACTOR

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

I figure if I got shot in the face with a 380 it might create a pause for thought , any ideas ?

krieghoff

Post by krieghoff »

carlson1 wrote:
chuck j wrote:. . . , too shaky , too arthritic to enjoy them anymore . But a 380 or 9 mm is not a problem and a pleasure to use . . . .
This right here - :iagree:

Because of medical problems there are some days a .380 is all I can carry.

At one time all I would carry was a .45 in 1911. Then as the body begin to change I had to determine if I not going to carry and be a likely victim or was I going to carry something and be able to protect me and my family.

I absolutely pay NO attention to those who believe they are "ballistic experts". It is true that something is better than nothing. The ammo is much better than yesterdays and if you can pick up the right ammo a .380 can be sufficient.
I agree. Elmer Keith once said something to the effect of "Sure beats using your fists."
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dadtodabone »

kde71450 wrote:If I was to buy a pocket gun , I think i would like the Walther PPK only because of it's COOL FACTOR

[ Image ]
Finger on the trigger and drinking, no wonder he needed a license to kill, I'm amazed he didn't shoot himself.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I carry a .380 as a BUG and only as a BUG. Normal carry is a 1911 of some shape or size in .45. However, I have carried my daughters XD9SC from time to time when size does matter.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

I carry a Glock 19 when dressed in anything more than pajamas; from shorts and a t-shirt to a suit.
Byron Dickens

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

I like throwing the Taurus TCP 380 in my back pocket in a nylon holster.... easy to carry.

tobasco

Post by tobasco »

A-R wrote:Don't underestimate what an old man with a pocket .380 can do.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I agree that carrying a pocket gun is good if that's what realistically fits your lifestyle. But I would suggest that this video is not a complete vindication of pocket guns for defense. Look a how much fight the bad guys have after being shot. They are breaking speed records getting out that door. They could just as easily have used that energy to shoot back or otherwise resist. In other words the .380 did not stop them, they just happened to be scared young punks, not rage filled, mentally unstable shooters.

JeepGuy79

Post by JeepGuy79 »

i feel safer with even my 32 auto in the pocket. I would rather carry a .45 and sometimes I do, but more often than not lately it has been a p238 in a crossbreed and a pocket 32. both are comfortable to me.

race4beer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by race4beer »

Being a new CHL holder (waiting on mailman) my intention is to be armed anytime legally possible. I do have a P3AT that will be a pocket carry piece for light clothing (shorts/tshirt) and I am purchasing a Taurus PT740 tonight that will be my preferred carry when clothing allows. I was at Kohl's last night and saw some nice, light collared shirts that should conceal well, and will return to Kohl's this weekend to get a few with hopes that it will cover the PT740 for more regular carry. I got my CHL for a reason, and I don't ever want to be in a position where I reach for my gun and I left it at home for convenience.

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

JeepGuy79 wrote:i feel safer with even my 32 auto in the pocket. I would rather carry a .45 and sometimes I do, but more often than not lately it has been a p238 in a crossbreed and a pocket 32. both are comfortable to me.
race4beer wrote:Being a new CHL holder (waiting on mailman) my intention is to be armed anytime legally possible. I do have a P3AT that will be a pocket carry piece for light clothing (shorts/tshirt) and I am purchasing a Taurus PT740 tonight that will be my preferred carry when clothing allows. I was at Kohl's last night and saw some nice, light collared shirts that should conceal well, and will return to Kohl's this weekend to get a few with hopes that it will cover the PT740 for more regular carry. I got my CHL for a reason, and I don't ever want to be in a position where I reach for my gun and I left it at home for convenience.
Good decisions , you are always carrying , my whole point .

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

This is one of the reasons I bought my CM9 and opted to keep it after putting it up for sale. 13 rounds of 9mm (6+1 plus a 6 round reload) is better than nothing at all.
Psalm 91:2

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Was thinking about the double tap 45. That would be as small as I go. My 1911's are very comfortable.
III

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”