30.05 ... and so it begins

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

30.05 ... and so it begins

Post by jmorris »

I'm prompted by another post (AF-Odin about the person in Academy) to relate this. I advertised a class three weeks ago using this graphic. (Can't get it to show here, png problem?)

http://www.guardianfirearmtraining.com/ ... 05Sign.png

I got this response on Sept 24th.

If it's worded like that then you can't carry it at all there

I explained that there was an exception (defense to prosecution) for license holders.

I plan on calling my attorney at [agency not to be named] and asking them I'll let you know what they say

I pointed out that it is what DPS states and posted the relevant sections of 30.05 for him. Save him a call maybe.

and if you were a firearms trainer like you're claiming you would know that a sign that says no firearms means no firearms whether you have an LTC or your constitutional carrying so like I said I'm going to call my attorney and ask them directly

for example all it takes is a sign handwritten that says no firearms allowed and no one can carry on premises in that location and the sign in your post says no firearms doesn't say anything about an exception

So I sent him a link to the GOA flyer that states it doesn't apply to license holders.

sounds like somebody should teach you how to do your job I'm available let me know

So, it's been over a week and he still hasn't let me know what his lawyer said. I wonder why.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Logan'sGlock

Re: 30.05 ... and so it begins

Post by Logan'sGlock »

Saw one at my local HEB, My concern is these doofuses ignoring 30.05 and carrying anyway. I personally strongly encourage people to still take the LTC course and getting it anyway. I just renewed my LTC. To much ambiguity in this constitutional carry not against at all, but at the very least people should educate themselves on carry laws, safe firearm storage, etc

ralewis
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ralewis »

Logan'sGlock wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:54 am Saw one at my local HEB, My concern is these doofuses ignoring 30.05 and carrying anyway. I personally strongly encourage people to still take the LTC course and getting it anyway. I just renewed my LTC. To much ambiguity in this constitutional carry not against at all, but at the very least people should educate themselves on carry laws, safe firearm storage, etc
I totally agree. the HEBs in the Austin area have the 30.05 sign, and I'll definitely keep my LTC. The odd thing about the permit less carry law is it may have the effect of increasing locations where a LTC holder can carry. At some point, businesses may just look at this situation and say they don't want too many signs and settle with the 30.05 sign only.

Logan'sGlock

Post by Logan'sGlock »

Yes definatly a win win for us license holders

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

jmorris wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:04 pm I'm prompted by another post (AF-Odin about the person in Academy) to relate this. I advertised a class three weeks ago using this graphic. (Can't get it to show here, png problem?)

http://www.guardianfirearmtraining.com/ ... 05Sign.png

I got this response on Sept 24th.

If it's worded like that then you can't carry it at all there

I explained that there was an exception (defense to prosecution) for license holders.

I plan on calling my attorney at [agency not to be named] and asking them I'll let you know what they say

I pointed out that it is what DPS states and posted the relevant sections of 30.05 for him. Save him a call maybe.

and if you were a firearms trainer like you're claiming you would know that a sign that says no firearms means no firearms whether you have an LTC or your constitutional carrying so like I said I'm going to call my attorney and ask them directly

for example all it takes is a sign handwritten that says no firearms allowed and no one can carry on premises in that location and the sign in your post says no firearms doesn't say anything about an exception

So I sent him a link to the GOA flyer that states it doesn't apply to license holders.

sounds like somebody should teach you how to do your job I'm available let me know

So, it's been over a week and he still hasn't let me know what his lawyer said. I wonder why.
I'm not tracking. Who did you have this conversation with?

They are pretty clearly mistaken, but I'm just not clear who they are and most importantly are they in a position of authority in some way?

Topic author
jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:49 pm .......
I'm not tracking. Who did you have this conversation with?

They are pretty clearly mistaken, but I'm just not clear who they are and most importantly are they in a position of authority in some way?
It was a person commenting on an on-line ad I posted, pointing out that I was wrong about the sign not applying to license holders. He was going to call his prepaid legal service lawyer the verify (that he was correct of course) and get back to me.

Still waiting.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”